Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rezfactor--"Runway" [working title] Production Notes Thread

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
    POST-VIEWING COMMENTS START ON PAGE 20--POST-VIEWING COMMENTS START ON PAGE 20
    Last edited by Ralph Oshiro; 10-06-2006 at 01:49 AM.
    Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

2. Collapse Details
    Aw, heck, I'll just cut to the chase, and save you all some time from searching every page on this thread for "The Bikini Picture:"

Here's some rejected banner designs with the old title that I played around with months ago . . .

Last edited by Ralph Oshiro; 09-28-2006 at 01:39 AM.
    Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

3. Collapse Details
    As you can see, the image of the girl is from a photo shoot a few weeks ago (not the bikini shot--the old banner graphics photo). This is the only photo where she's not smiling.
    Last edited by Ralph Oshiro; 09-26-2006 at 10:58 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    It's amazing what different feel you can get with just small banners.

I like your choice of the first one. Definately moody. The second one feels more cyber thriller. The third a sort of a perfume ad, and the forth a drama, or romance.

Anyway, look forward to your submission. Are you shooting it on your DSR450 ?

Cheers.

5. Collapse Details
    CASTING UPDATE: 01 JULY 2006

First hurdle cleared! Lead actress is cast. She is the girl in the photo. Not sure she can act, but I shot some test footage with her a while ago, and her performance was fairly credible (no lines, however). Talked with her about the project last week, and she's both excited and totally on-board to do it. Also cast her mother (I mean, her actual mom, to play her character's mom). Still need to cast bad guys.

As usual, there's still no script yet. Got some good story ideas from a PA at work. Will try to flesh those out with a few more twists (hopefully) in the coming weeks. I'm writing backwards again. Writing to include locations I know I already have, or can easily steal. I plan to steal quite a few locations for this one.
    Last edited by Ralph Oshiro; 07-20-2006 at 04:14 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by D_and_G
    It's amazing what different feel you can get with just small banners . . . Anyway, look forward to your submission. Are you shooting it on your DSR450?
    Thanks for commenting, D&G. I just used what images I already had on my computer, and so that's why nothing really quite fit (especially the girl's un-horrific facial expression). Yes, I am very excited to shoot this HorrorFest's project with my new DSR450! I also plan to shoot some stunt footage with my old DVX100--not to qualify--but just because it will have a similar look, and I won't mind putting the smaller (and less expensive) camera in more precarious mounting environments.

7. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    So you're just shooting to show for the contest? But not compete?

Neat banners.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezfactor
    1 July 2006--Los Angeles:

Lead actress is cast. She is the girl in the photo. Not sure she can act, but I shot some test footage with her a while ago, and her performance was fairly credible (no lines, however). Talked with her about the project last week and she's both excited and totally on-board to do it. Also cast her mother. Still need to cast bad guys.
    Lol. I was going to say that in my last post, that you shouldn't tease us with beautiful women, if they aren't going to be in your flick

Chekov once said that a hunting rifle above the mantle in the first act required it to be fired (by the audience) by the third.

Edit : I'm glad your shooting with the DSR. Since it was one of my options, it'll be cool to see how it handles the lowkey aesthetic (i'm assuming). And it's cool to see people enter "out of competition", or not knowing the prizes, or just for the love of it...

Last edited by D_and_G; 07-02-2006 at 07:55 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kholi
    So you're just shooting to show for the contest? But not compete?
    Well, I would love to enter to compete for votes, but I will probably end up with only a small percentage of DVX100 footage in the final cut (stunt camera stuff). Since I just spent all that money on my new DSR450, most of it will be shot with a non-qualifying camera. I don't expect to qualify using only a small amount of DVX100 footage that will be in the final edit.

10. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezfactor
    Well, I would love to enter to compete for votes, but I will probably end up with only a small percentage of DVX100 footage in the final cut (stunt camera stuff). Since I just spent all that money on my new DSR450, most of it will be shot with a non-qualifying camera. I don't expect to qualify using only a small amount of DVX100 footage that will be in the final edit.
    Sweet. Great decision. Why spend the money and not use it on a great project?

Good luck, Rez.
    Comet Color Page
    Allow me: fanboy of great images.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast