Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Mysterium sensor...
    The heart of our camera is the Mysterium® sensor. We stated before that we had images from a "test slice" that proved the design of our sensor. Now we have images from a full size sensor. We still have a long way to go, but there is considerable celebration in our camp. We expect that we are currently on schedule for showing 4k images in the fall (knock on wood).

Jim

2. Collapse Details
    Woohoo!

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the update jim.

That footage in the fall (assuming its good) is gonna be the highlight of a rather boring summer for alot of people.

4. Collapse Details
    Jim, when did you start developing the Mysterium sensor? I figure its been in the works for som time, right? Have you seen any 4k images yet?

Jarred, some post... Can´t wait...

5. Collapse Details
    Open up a bottle of Champagne for me Jim!

Congratulations!

6. Collapse Details
    Jim also announced the body has taken a totally new design again, The throughput of grey matter over there is incredible.

7. Collapse Details
    A 1,000 mile (or kilometer!) journey has a collection of waypoints. Getting images from the full-sized sensor is definately a key waypoint...

Congratulations to the RED development team! Thanks for keeping everyone in the info loop - something very few manufacturers do for us.

Looking forward to IBC!

Gibby
    RED camera #8
    www.cut4.tv
    www.4umat.com

8. Collapse Details
    fall demo
    Dear Mr. Jannard:

I humbly request that memebers of DVXuser be able to request what scenes are filmed for the demo in the fall. I saw a demo of the SONY XDCAM-HD. What impressed me most was the filming of red flowers. I made a DVD of flowering trees with a Canon GL1 and used Final Cut Pro. I am lookoing to move up to HD. I am considering the RED camera. The scenes that gave my camera the most problems were sunlit red flowers with backlit green leaves against a clear blue sky. The color red causes "bleeding" or "chroma crawl." The color green when fully saturated appears yellowish. The color blue, due to its weaker wavelength and required amplification, causes noise. Also if a flower moves slighty in the wind, but not enough for GOP compression codecs to detect it, the compressed video can apear jerky at the boundaries of the GOP. A backlit tree can cause purple fringing at the edge of the leaves.

My request for the demo is to film bright red flowers against a clear blue sky with a slight wind blowing. If RED can do that, I am sold.

Please form a thread in this forum where other DVXusers can request what senes they would like to see that would be a test of RED.

Thankyou,
    acrochordon

9. Collapse Details
    Our plan is to put our "breadbox" into the hands of trained professionals and let them put the camera through it's paces as they see fit. We won't encourage or discourage them as to what they shoot or how they shoot it. The names lining up for this exercise is pretty impressive. My fear is that if we start making a list of things to shoot, we will never satisfy everyone. Our goal is to have three or four great pieces to show at IBC. Much more shortly after. Plenty of stuff before we ship.

Jim

10. Collapse Details
    Hi Jim!

Good news! When are you saying "FALL" and "IBC" maybe you must say September instead a period of time of THREE months* that ends in the next December 21st or am I wrong?

Emanuel

* a considerable amount of time for anxious people that are waiting since a long time ago perhaps even before than the RED's announcement of the last December...
    RED ONE @home
    Emanuel & Co's RED ONE
    RED ZOOM LENSES
    RED 300mm LENS
    Who am I?

* LINK *
    ** IMDb **

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast