Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
  1. Collapse Details
    Hey hybridtheory. This was a good film. Nice use of DOF although some of it seemed hard to control and was distracting (edge sharpness, etc. Ya we all deal with it...)

Some of the lighting was a bit flat. (Basement chess, etc).

I loved the ol' shooting the damsel fake-out. Your actors were charismatic and the acting was ok. They seemed to have chemistry.

Nice makeup effects although the beginning vomiting blood was a tad unbelievable (didn't really look like blood). The fact that she didn't react with too much disgust took me out of it also. Then again, this does seem like a more light-hearted zombie movie, but if it's comedy, go completely comedy and establish that upfront a la Shaun of the Dead.

The story was simple yet flowed well. Subtle non-distracting score. Good shot composition.

The ending was a bit odd, but all in all a pretty enjoyable flick.

Good job.

2. Collapse Details
    I really enjoyed this film had me heart jumping a few times as what I was expecting didn't happen, and when i weren't expecting it, it did (if that makes sense lol) the acting was good and the actors face was brilly, excellent.
    Thank you. :o)
    If you're not mature enough for criticism, you're too immature for praise.

"Life will forever be a challenge, some things are meant that way. Learn to deal with each challenge, using time and thought, so in the end it will be a lesson well learned."

3. Collapse Details
    Ahem. What's that over there???????
    Bumpty.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mentatDUKE
    Nice makeup effects although the beginning vomiting blood was a tad unbelievable (didn't really look like blood).
    IT WASN'T JUST BLOOD, IT WAS ZOMBIE VOMIT BLOOD!!!

lol. Realistically, it would have never come out of that tube if it had been any thicker, I wish we'd got a picture of that setup, be everyone on set was doing one thing or another. but some one was standing in the sink (for the height) on one side of a 10 ft tube filled with blood, and just blew into the tube really hard. Thank ggod that one turned out.

5. Collapse Details
    CINEMATOGRAPHY:

You had some great shots in here, and some pretty good lighting as well. I really liked the first dolly shot when the hand is coming out of the bathroom, it just had a certain feel to it and especially watching it the first time, there was a sorta suspense as to wait and see what happened next. With the end of the film being so dark you did a good job of being able to keep focus on the stuff that was barely lit with a flashlight, so that was a plus there.

EDITING:

Your editing was nicely done, and I'm glad to see that there haven't been too many films that have tried to do over the top fancy editing just to give off an appearance. Your cuts helped move the story and didn't feel awkward which is exactly how it should be done.

SOUND:

At times I found it hard to hear the dialogue, and then the next second there would be a noise that was easy to hear. So it seemed as if the audio levels were a little off, although not that much. I think the mix between the soundtrack and the background audio was nice, and it didn't over power the dialogue. There were just times when the dialogue audio levels seemed low.

SCORE:

I liked the soundtrack in this film. It had a good suspenseful feal and went along with the film very well.

SCREENPLAY:

I've never been a big fan of zombie related movies, but this one interested me. I think you did a good job with it and the fact that they had to wait in out in the basement I liked. It was different, considering most zombie movies that I've seen people make always have to do with the zombies chasing the people around town or something like that.

ACTING:

The acting was kinda so-so for me. At times I was into it and the actors were doing a good job like as they were going into the basement, but then other times I felt as if they were trying to hard to portray a character. The one time that really seemed strong was when madison was saying how she wanted to leave. Her expression and tone just didn't really do it for me.

Overall, I think this was really good. It had good cinematography and lighting and a good story that was different. The acting at times was off, but for the most part your actors did a good job. You had me interested in what was going to happen next and that was something that lacked in some of the other films.

Before you ask a question, please use the Search Function

6. Collapse Details
    Just finally getting the time to copy the notes I compiled in a Word doc while watching the shorts:

Yeah, a zombie film! This was fun to see, if for no other reason than to remind me of Zombie Fest. The script had some humorous moments which I appreciated. There were some really good moments with lighting, but there was consistently GREAT moments for the camera work, some of which was really sweet stuff. The female felt stiff to me only in that I wanted more reaction/fear from her. She didn’t seem confident & in control because her lines/dialogue weren’t conveying that … so I wish she would have delivered them more in character (more scared, shaken & unconfident). With regards to an ending, I wish it had more of one … I’m fine with a hanging ending, but this looked like it should have continued because all they did was run back up to the top of the stairs, but the danger we see/hear isn’t from where they’re headed (to make it seem like ‘oh-oh, they met their fate’), but was instead where they just came from … so there was no scare factor in it for me. Otherwise, still a fun flick, and again some GREAT camera work & editing. Oh, and solid VFX.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

7. Collapse Details
    hey people, just got back from taking my NC realtor exam, yahoo i passed!

Ok, back to Dead Inside:

NORM! I was wondering when you were going to stick your head into here. Yeah, the ending really isn't for a scare factor, it's more foreshadowing for what happens next. Thanks for the comments, we really tried to pull something together that was fun.

Thanks for the comments macintosh, I need to read up/practice on how to direct my actors. For that matter, I need a bigger crew too. Well, I'm in a new part of the country, so hopefully i can pull some talented people together for the next fest.

Back to editing the long version.

8. Collapse Details
    I want to be first inline to see the long version ... again, some incredible camera moves!

Sorry for the delay in getting in here too ... I'd been compiling everything into that word doc, and just finally have enough time today to try & update everyone's threads.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

9. Collapse Details
    Yeah seriously bro, we need a bigger crew next time. Sure i love all the credits im going to get because im a publicity whore, but i dont think i can survive doing that again.

Just thinking of going from key grip, to standing behind some hot lights, to running around like a zombie (or the other 2 zombies and person i played) to keeping you from blowing up gives me far more scares than the movie we made!

Now get cracking and finish the long cut so we can start working on something new!!

10. Collapse Details
    Yes Sir!!!

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617