Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I like that second photo a lot... That's a great picture!

-Jeremy
    Before you ask use the DVXUser Search function

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYankee
    I like that second photo a lot... That's a great picture!

-Jeremy
    Thanks! That was taken with a 2MP Fuji P&S.

Chad

3. Collapse Details
    That just proves that it's not the arrows, it's the indian

-Jeremy

4. Collapse Details
    Rebel XT Samples
    Hi you can check out my photography work at:

www.designheap.com/lee

All photos on my site are shot with the Rebel XT and all lens' used are Canon's:

Canon EF 24mm F2.8
    Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II
    Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM

You must be on broadband to view.

Let me know what you think.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheYankee
    Maybe, I just think that they distract from the image as a whole, become the absolute focal point, and it doesn't look realistic.

I might adjust the opacity of that layer so that it blends more (whoa, is this me or Rapier typing) or just go back to the original color and then sharpen and slightly lighten them so that they stand out but not as much. As of right now it is just too harsh, in my opinion...

-Jeremy
    At the risk of beating this one picture to death... here it is with the original color... no alterations on the eyes...

Alright... I promise to move on to something else now! And since you mentioned using layers... I figured out how to make a new layer just for the eye adjustments. That sure makes it easier to go back and tweak different settings. If nothing else, this thread was worth it just to learn that trick.

Chad

6. Collapse Details
    New picture... I'm still learning all the features of this camera... I just found the black and white parameters. I know there's probably no good reason to shoot in B&W since it can be converted in post... but I really liked the results with the built-in filters. This is with the kits lens (all I have for now). In post, I clicked auto levels, removed an eye lash from her cheek and another spot (bug?), and USM. (oh, and tried to add a border)

Chad

7. Collapse Details
    For in camera b&w I think that looks great. I love the expression on her face. I might have shot it in color and then played with the eyes a little in post so that some of the texture of the eyes wasn't so dark, but other than that, great job. Certainly something you could blow up to poster size and mount on the wall.

-Jeremy

8. Collapse Details
    Wow... thanks!

Her eyes are SO dark brown, they're almost black. She recently bumped her head pretty bad and I was trying to check her pupils and couldn't tell where they started! But that's something I'll think about... the lighting in that picture was probably good enough to just see some brown if it was in color.

Chad

9. Collapse Details
    That is one cute kid! I just turned 35, my best friend just gave birth to the most beautiful daughter last week so I am guessing that my biological clock is ticking.
    At any rate, I dig the pic a lot. I have a good amount of Rebel XT pics that I'd like to post but I need to resize them. I have photoshop, but its being buggy right now. So, I figured I'd post a comment on your pic to say hello and to keep this thread alive until I can post something...

I've heard someone say that the Canon=clean digital image vs Nikon = more filmic look is a moot debate. I COMEPLETELY disagree. I love 'em BOTH! WIth equal intensity. But, for two different reasons. I am in LOVE with some of the pics from the D50 thread and D70 thread because they do look so much like film to me. They are gorgeous. In some ways I like them a lot more than Canon. But, I have a soft spot for canon because my first digital camera I owned was the Digital Powershot 210 and though only 2megapixels, it yields GORGEOUS pics. The BEST I've seen in its class. To my eye, SOOOO much better than SONY or pretty much anything else. But, I can't deny my feelings for the Nikons...the D50 and D70...but, because of the Powershot and the good reviews of the XTrebel on DPREVIEW.com, I went with it and bought it for my girlfriend for her birthday last year. I haven't been sorry. I love it too. But, in a totally different way. To me, the Canon is a much more digitally CLEAN image. Not unlike the difference between the XL1 and the DVX. I have the DVX. I LOVE the DVX. But, in a different way, I am also in complete LOVE with the XL1 and XL2 images. So, it boils down to what 99% of us already know...its a matter of taste. I am like Hamlet. I cannot decide. I love 'em both!!! But, when I get my re-sizing situation figured out, I will post some Canon Images. I love the REBEL XT. For the price...you simply CAN NOT BEAT IT! In fact, DELL has an awesome coupon lurking around for that camera. I'd get it, but I'm currently strapped and since I have access to my girlfriends camera, I have no point to get one. Though, I do want my own Digital SLR. But when I DO get my own Digital SLR, I will go with the CANON so we can have compatible lenses. If NIKON and CANON would just play nice, I would probably get a NIKON so that we could have different photo quality characteristics...but, its was not meant to me. I love 'em both. Don't get me wrong...I DO love 'em both...but I cannot deny the affects the NIKON pictures have had on me...perhaps....like THEYANKEE said, its not the arrows its the Indian...but either way..the REBEL XT guys better step up because I'm losing faith...POST MORE PICS PLEASE!!!
    Formally known as rlm7189...

10. Collapse Details
    Rick I couldn't agree more... I've really enjoyed the canon pics that have been posted but I also have always come to that same conclusion... Canon = Clean. Look at that shot above... it's clinically perfect. It's so flawless that it's almost sterile and I don't know what to think about that...?

I would like to see more shots from you Canon guys... considering I've been a Canon man my entire life... and until my next camera arrives I still am... but I do agree that they look different. I've always said I can pick a canon shot from a nikon shot and for the most part I think I still can.
    LIGHTING and SOUND AVAILABLE FOR DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OR ON DVD

LIGHTING for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel.................................................. ............................. SOUND for Film & Television DVD Excerpts Reel

Page 3 of 183 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast