1. Collapse Details
    Score for "Once A Hero"
    Here is a teaser suite of the music from "Once a Hero" directed by Norm Sanders(Envision)....The full 23min soundtrack will be avaliable with the release of the DVD...Thanks

3min "Once A Hero Suite"
    http://www.bmusikaudio.com/files/Once_A_Hero_Suite.mp3

www.bmusikaudio.com
    Brian Moody

2. Collapse Details
    I love this score... excellent.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

3. Collapse Details
    Great score! You can have excellent video and crappy audio and everybody will complain about the film. You can have crappy video and great audio and everybody will say great audio but when you have great audio with great video you have a hit.

4. Collapse Details
    Brian - I liked it, but....

One of my criticisms is that you use a lot of thematic material without really musically justifying to do so, instead of repeating or variating on an already established theme or motif, moving on to a new theme every 10 seconds (in the first 30 secs of the suite especially), making it sound very fragmented. This added to me failing to connect with the film and the score itself. This could also be due to the fact that this was the short cut of the film, and some themes are developed more in the longer version.

The rock ending sounds blurry to me, productionally and compositionally. You might want to think of removing some mids from the choirs, perhaps adding some high freqs, or just bringing down the level.

EDIT: after seeing the film again, I see that some transitions seem to be somewhat smoother than in the suite, but still the large amount of themes that are established throughout the film doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by Herman Witkam; 06-12-2006 at 05:56 AM.

HERMAN WITKAM | COMPOSER | SOUND DESIGNER
    Website | IMDb | Facebook | Myspace | Twitter

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks......Herman most of the themes in this suite are just excerpts just to give an overall idea of the score....They are alot smoother and developed in the longer suite which is over 12 mins and film...All the variations and motifs also...I was just trying to give a quick overview teaser.... Thanks again..

www.bmusikaudio.com
    Brian Moody

6. Collapse Details
    That was amazing... you are by far the best composer I have ever heard along with Niheim Mitchell. I hope that we can work together on Devil May Cry:Sins Remembered.