Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I had a really hard time reading the titles most of the time. That said, I got the gist of what was going on, and found it quite entertaining. Kind of expected more when the girl gathered up his urn, but it was still a pleasing ending.

Overall, better compression & more importantly work on the sub titles so they can be read & not so distracting, and you'd have a nice little film here.

Oh, but I felt the priest was overacting some, unless that was on purpose. I just felt his mouth was agape WAY too long in the end there.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

2. Collapse Details
    I liked the beginning V.O. over the titles. Had some nice humor but yes those darn subtitles lost me a little. Thought this was a nice idea. After the intro I expected something totally different but I dug what you did.
    Nice effort. I love watching films from around the globe.
    Keep up the good work.

3. Collapse Details
    Note: I haven't read the other posts yet, so I may repeat comments that have already been made.

This was an interesting take on the "superhero" idea, the super hero has been killed. And you could go many different directions with it. You chose a comedic route and for the most part played it out fine.

It was difficult to get into the story since I was constantly struggling to read the subtitles as they got lost in the "white" of the frame. Also, the longer subtitles were often not onscreen long enough to read fully. So I found myself spending more time watching the subtitles than the film. I had to back it up and pause it often to read and then watch the segment that went with them.

I thought the rain was too loud, it made it difficult to hear the voices (not that it mattered since I didn't understand them).

I thought the framing was decent until the end when there is a shot of one of the villians (I think) and she is smoking a cigarette than tosses it aside and walks away. Behind her it looks like an apartment building or something and just didn't seem to fit in with the scenes up to that point.

4. Collapse Details
    better compression would go a long way .
    The subtitles were hard to read at times .
    Did like the rainy , dull , crappy day mood .
    The guy playing the Mayor didn't look the part .
    Did like the idea behind the character eg thinking of himself and Lawsuits..
    Also liked the scene when everyone is leaving as in Who cares ..who am going to call, time for a drink . , Then the girl picks up our HERO ...nice.

I did blow this up to read the titles but everything else was ..well , crappy .

Ian

5. Collapse Details
    Hi - I liked where you were going with this. But again, titles were very heard to read so it was kind of frustrating to follow what was going on. I take that back - not so much what was going on I guess since that was fairly clear, but rather a lot of the jokes. Too bad...

Maybe when voting is over you can submit a version with yellow titles? That would be nice...
    joey

6. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Cryogenic Filmworks's Avatar
    As mentioned the compression was really bad. The subtitles would have been easier to read had you used a shadow or something to outline them. It did have some funny lines though. Keep it up.

7. Collapse Details
    We're working on a longer cut of this, so when it's ready I will upload it with better compression, and better subtitles.

8. Collapse Details
    Surrounded by Mods
    i just watched the whole thing for the first time and i really loved it. Though I enjoyed everyones entrys....this is my fest favorite. quality was poor and subtitles not the best....but screw that.....thats not really whats important.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12