Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hehe thanks for the comments.. The film was origianlly 14 minutes long... so we had to cut out awhole lot in a hurry and looking back there's deffiantly things that could have been left in and out to make more sense of it all but at least the guys got a serving of action ^_^ haha

thanks again!

2. Collapse Details
    I have to echo the compliments on the action scenes in the end. We did a short fight scene in our movie and it was hella hard just to do the stuff we did. I saw yours and I was just impressed throughout. The camerawork during the fight scene really stood out and it really seemed to heighten the speed of the action. Awesome job!

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

3. Collapse Details
    Oh yeah. Finally a thread. I was looking for this one before since it was the first one I watched. The fight scenes were kick a$$ dude. That flying knee kick was pimp. The cuts, the action, the lighting all flowed for this. The story was a little not so great but like MsManhattan said it was an engaging veiwing experience.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

4. Collapse Details
    Hi Shaun! Thanks so much for the compliments! you mentioned you had an action scene as well, I will check that out asap because i don't recall watching yours yet. Our cameraman ( actually two of them ) are some really good friends of ours, who've been filming local action flicks for years so they amazing to have on board to come help us out

Thanks again!

5. Collapse Details
    The first one you watched? Wow Sorry I didn't make one the first day, really wasn't around the comp too much Really glad that you enjoied the action tho that's great to hear, I've been calling matt telling him what everyone has to say and he's really happy about all the feedback

Thanks again!!

6. Collapse Details
    good fight choreo. the early costume reminded me of Van helsing and the Nightwatch video game. great job.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks R.L. Really appriciate the comments ^_^

8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member MiataFilmSomething's Avatar
    Broken record time, but you can't ignore it, the fight scenes were great. A very realistic and solid fighting style and stances. Nothign Crouching Tiger fancy, it's practical and well executed moves. Flying knee - total eye candy!

I loved the bar at the beginning, I'm a huge sucker for the post-apocalyptic kinda feel.

Well done!
    "...and knowing is half the battle. The other half is violence..."

9. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the comment ^_^ Can't believe everyone liked that flying knee so much :O We thought people would enjoy the leg break more, odd :O.

Glad people liked the straight up gritty, real fight feeling it had too it ^_^

Thanks again!!!!

10. Collapse Details
    I like when the nunchuck guy is killed with the kick to the back of the head. Great whoosh and contact sounds too! How'd you do those? One thing I noticed though, is that the muzzle flash doesn't look like it's coming out of the barrel of the gun, looks more like its coming from the hammer. I've done muzzle flashes before, and I know sometimes putting them where they're supposed to be actually makes it look fake. What's your take on it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast