Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Usually voice over is scorned because it hits you over the head with the story; I don't think that was a problem here. The voice over gave you some hints, but I believe (along with others) that your story isn't quite there yet. It's a hard balance, keeping things artfully subtle, but I think you're just a tad on the side of losing people on this one. Great work overall, and best of luck tweaking the words to bring out a very interesting story.

2. Collapse Details
    It's amazing what a booklight in the right hands can do!

3. Collapse Details
    Senior Member Cryogenic Filmworks's Avatar
    I liked the look and the music. The only problem I had with the VO was it was too processed. Also about 3.20 in the window shade were distracting as they were pulsating. Other than that I thought it was pretty good.

4. Collapse Details
    Seņor Schmarty Pants Alex DePew's Avatar
    Hey Justin,
    Man I swore I commented on this film! Sorry I didn't get to it earlier. I am going through all the films now and leaving comments.

I thought the short was good. I liked many of the compositions. I won't rehash a lot of what has already been brought up. One of the shots I really liked was a dutch angle with the briefcase in the foreground, the light Justin on the stairs and the dark Justin in the background. And how did you get some of the slow zooms? You were a one man operation, did you do it in post? Cause it looked completely natural.

There were a few moments thought that I didn't think progressed the plot. From 2:10 - 2:29 not much happens and I didn't understand what we were to take out of that scene. But it did slow the narrative and let the viewer absorb the feel of the movie. Also, from 3:30 - 3:40 I wish those shots were wide shots. The tightness of the shots as he walks around with the case didn't give the ominous feel I think you were going for. LAst thing is I would put an extra second of blank space between the lines "....thieves, murderers...scum" and "children and innocents."

Overall I was really impressed with the lighting and composition. But more impressed that you did it all yourself. Nice work. Can't wait to see what you come up with for Horror Fest. Hopefully you can get a little bit of a crew together so you don't have to do everything yourself.

Alex

5. Collapse Details
    Downloading...

I can't wait to see it!

Jesse
    tricofilms.com

6. Collapse Details
    Woah... That was really bizarre. But cool! Your VFX compositing was top notch! As well as your camera angles. This film had a certain feel to it that was eerie yet compelling. Your soundtrack also contributed a lot toward the project. Fantastic job Justin! I'm pretty positive I'll be hearing, or maybe even watching you on the big screen in the near future!

Jesse
    Trico Films
    tricofilms.com

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks Jesse! Ya, i'm waiting to see that day myself. ... dun dunn dunnnnn.

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345