Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry R
    But I wanted to let you know I was really impressed with this film. Each film you have entered has shown marked improvement as a filmmaker, and this is no exception.
    Thanks. With each film our goal has been to move forward in our skills, and in production value. Norm was able to score some great locations!
    MY NEW PROFILE: Ryan E. Walters

Cheers,
    Ryan E. Walters
    Director of Photography
    www.ryanewalters.com - HD Indi-Filmmaking Blog - myspace.com/ryanewalters
    Specializing in HD Digital Cinematography

2. Collapse Details
    Hey guys, you did a good job in making it very, very cinematic. I wish the ending was complete and hope it doesnt hurt the voting because you can tell this is a great piece already. Your actors did a good job too. The music fit perfectly and the audio was pretty good except one place in the living room. Very nice lighting going on this time around too. Nice work.

One other thing, it was hard to tell the actresses apart at first.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

3. Collapse Details
    is the film hvx or dvx evision , really liked , i defiantly see the sin city/underworld feel which i like a loooooooooooooooot

peace n luv

Mark Dog

4. Collapse Details
    it was shot on 1.5 DVX's. Using the Letus Flip.

(We had 2 DVX's on set with the Letus Flip for some of the shoot. But after taking the camera into the rain we created - thank to Jerry - and then taking it inside we found that some water had condensed on the inside of the adapter. So it left us down a camera for some of the days ...)

Cheers,
    Ryan E. Walters
    Director of Photography

5. Collapse Details
    I'd like to see the long version of this...feels like high production value work, but something's missing. Nice camerawork and lighting...I can tell you put some thought behind that. Good-looking cast, too!
    Mike McNeese
    Director of Photography

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the input, folks. Aram, could you specify which section in the living room wasn't working for the audio. I'd like to re-examine that section for the full cut before we have it 100% complete (still need the VFX for it).

mjmcneese2, think you can specify what you felt was missing? Perhaps it's just the fact that it's the EXTREMELY short version of the 23 minute cut, but I'd be interested to hear anyway, as it's still a growing experience. Thanks!
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

7. Collapse Details
    Screenplay: Liked the story, but overall I saw it coming. It felt a bit rushed.

Acting: Really good, felt some of the lead male’s role were a little overacted

Cinematography: Best thing about this film, very well lit and good usage of the Letus adapter.

Score: Really great. Loved the piano usage, very melodic

Overall: Really enjoyed this film and it’s in my top 5. Really looking forward to the longer version which I feel won’t be as rushed
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

8. Collapse Details
    The opening scene the rain was too loud drowning (heh) out the voice. Theres a part on the couch where he says what happened.....but the music gets too loud there. The part where he is in the doorway is reverbing and isnt matching the quiet close scenes. I know hes supposed to be further away but it seems to not fit. Her killing monolog is seeming not to fit, the same thing though, its in an open area and its probably supposed to sound like that but since the other stuff was so clear it seems like a mistake.

Its hard to say what exactly was missing but i think it was that the was no climax yet but it was right at the moment when it was supposed to happen. If the part where she killed him was the climax I guess it seemed so... not so climatic but then she closes the gates on the girl so you feel like oh, ok this is where she does some serious a$$ kicking but then it ends.

Watching it again and it still looks shhhweeeet, the adapter makes a world of difference in the feel. Again, you guys did a great job on this.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by briceman
    Cinematography: Best thing about this film, very well lit and good usage of the Letus adapter.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers,
    Ryan E. Walters
    Director of Photography

10. Collapse Details
    *edit..* Norm and Ryan.

hey hey Norm! Yee haw! congrats on finishing!

and... my thoughts:
    Wow. starts with a bang. no frakin' around here.
    I can't hear her at all because of the rain. had to rewind a few times to understand. but, that's actually fine, because its all part of the confusion.
    Score is beautiful at the couch scene.. but.. can't hear a word.
    Green EYES! wew hew! that makes 4 films so far. (mine included.. )
    The rock song? Ok. Sorry. but, that just not need to be there. It felt like the 'credits' were about to roll.
    I'm confused on why the man dude died. He turned green and keeled over. then the rock song and then. Wowa. I'm lost.
    The end definitely seemed rushed as though the cockroach had no where to run. boom. boom. boom. done. credits. dang.

Norm.. I think i've gota watch this one again.

The composer Brian Moody did a fantastic job. I'm looking forward to downloading the .mp3.

cheers and congrats on finishing and entering the contest
    and.. of course looking forward to seeing the final longer version as well.
    /j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast