Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I loved this. Very well done and written. I loved the costumes. I want to dress up like that with some friends next halloween. Thanks for making me laugh.

2. Collapse Details
    haha good idea and nicely executed. i loved the scene in the beginning where the nieghbors meet

3. Collapse Details
    I enjoyed this -- I love the risk you took with the quirky acting style. It totally worked -- your cast really pulled it off. And, as a journalist, I appreciated the parody of the classic SuperHero front. Nice job!

MsMaNHaTtaN
    All it takes is a dollar and a dream.
    Producer: Hello, Hello, Twilight Fest 2008
    Visit my Web site
    IMDB Profile
    My Blog: MsManhattan.net

4. Collapse Details
    This was really goofy...and I mean that in a good way. The first time I watched it, I was getting annoyed with the acting until I realized it was supposed to look like bad acting. After that, everything was fine. Nice comedic touches sprinkled throughout. Steve Burns lighting the bbq, of course.

Your costuming was priceless. I loved the dead bushes look at the end, it kind of gave a The 'burbs feel to the piece.

What I really liked about you short was the fact that it had a well executed story...beginning, middle and end.

I will say, though, I had a better time watching it the second time around...

5. Collapse Details
    Rebel with a cause Kirk Gillock's Avatar
    This one was great. I really enjoyed it. The setting, story, and performances were incredible. Thanks for the entertainment.

6. Collapse Details
    Conrad,

Great, funny, entertaining film.

Some thoughts:
    1. Others have already commented, but the acting was perfect. Over-the-top saccharine. And I think I know a "Sandy Powers". Every one of the actors was perfect. Hats off to them, and to you for managing to find them.
    2. Between the oom-paa-paa/brass and the funkified guitar, the score was great.
    3. The costumes were funny-bad. Of course, the actors themselves carried them off perfectly. (Were the female heroes wearing Playtex gloves? LOL!)
    4. In the warehouse scene when they reached Dr. Toxic's lair, I have to admit that when I saw the pedestal-thingy in the middle of the frame I thought "Cool - what's that?" While I'm on the subject, what was it?
    5. The guy playing Dr. Toxic was awesome. And his facial expressions reminded me of my brother-in-law. So based on personal experience, it was all so very real ... believable.
    6. Maybe it's just me, but I like it when the good guys die in the end. Bwahahahahah ...
    Just a few things that didn't come through so well for me:
    • The quick-mowing of the lawn effect was a little long for me and I would have liked a close-up on the lawn-mower (not the lawnmower) to introduce her as a character.
    • The "fixing-the-tire" scene. Was the husband supposed to be holding up the car for her? Or not? And if so, would he have been doing this on an open street? Hmmm.

I really enjoyed this one. If you have it, I really look forward to seeing a behind the scenes on the filming - I suspect/hope you guys had a blast making it. Thanks very much.
    More, please.
    God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"... (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975)

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks everybody, the acting was my favorite part as well.

Dahopafilms:
    1.Yeah, we lucked out on the actors and got some good ones. They were all feeding off of eachother and some of the outtakes are hillarious.

2.The score was written by a friend of mine. His name is Jeff Bailey and he's a local Jazz musician around Minneapolis here. I'm the cheif engineer at a recording studio around town so I know a lot of talent.

3. The costumes: the more rediculous the better.

4.That thing in the middle of the lair is a controller for a 32 track digital tape machine. As I said I'm a recording engineer so I had tons of stuff like that at my disposal.

5. Dan Hurlbert is the man.

6. Me too.

1. We did a mls of her as she waves to tom. Are you talking more than that or just a close-up instead of a mls.

2. Yeah, hes supposed to be holding up the car, i'm not sure why, but that didn't come off as well as I'd planned.
    Thanks for the constructive comment, I can tell you really watch the fillms, thanks for that.
    joey

8. Collapse Details
    Senior Member MiataFilmSomething's Avatar
    I need to watch this again. I'm really sorry, but it didn't do a lot for me when I saw it. This was one of the first, if not THEE first, movie that I watched, so maybe my mind frame was out of sorts. I'm going to watch it again and then I'll post more on it.

From what I can remember though, it did have some good camera quality and great use of color.
    "...and knowing is half the battle. The other half is violence..."

9. Collapse Details
    Miata, you do need to watch this again...this is one of the most entertaining movies in the fest. Have you ever seen 'A Clockwork Orange'? Where they pin the guy's eyes open...I'm gonna do that to you until you agree that I have good taste in short film.

BTW, people keep mentioning color, but I'm telling you people that the color pops because of proper lighting and iris management. Can we get some insight on what/if any CC was done?
    Mike McNeese
    Director of Photography

10. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Great camera work in the beginning part of the film. The lighting, colors, shot-choice, etc., were really nice.
    The actors were great.

I think it's very solid until the ending. The secret lair bit needs some work in terms of shot choice and lighting--it becomes far less dynamic than the beginning had been.

You could have also done with a little more work on the script. The story seems to be about the weirdness and homogeny of small town-life, but that idea is dropped pretty quickly once we get to the lair. I'd suggest using that theme to infom the ending. It'll make for a tighter movie.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast