Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Comic Book Romance - Chainsmoker
    Just want to thank everyone that helped on this project. Could not have happened with out them. Thank you and let's get ready for the next fest!

Written by Jon Proudstar and Juan C. Heinrich

Directed by Juan C. Heinrich and Erik Hovda

Produced by Rich Collins II

Cast Jon Proudstar
    Lindsey Warm
    Sonia Cambell
    Santiago Craig
    Nino Corello
    Bill Thacker
    Arron Lee
    Amos Carver
    Sarah Carver
    Jessica Voll
    Francine Martinez
    Lizzie Brown

Crew Roman Perez
    Arron Lee
    Joe the Manager
    Rich Collins II

Boom Operator Adrian Smith

Sound Mixer David Adello

Make-Up Sonia Campbell

Music Rich Collins II and Juan C. Heinrich

Comic Book Art Juan C. Heinrich

Special Thanks to Piazza Gavi Restaraunt and the Corello Family

I realize I have the worst looking film in the bunch and damn does it hurt that I didn't catch that before. It is what it is and I guess thats what happens when you do a film in four days. But I had a blast doing this project and cannot wait for the next fest!!! Good luck to everyone!!!
    My doctor has advised me to drink 10 of these an hour

Rich

http://www.roughneckentertainment.com

2. Collapse Details
    Filmmaker's Mod
    Watched it. Musta been crazy working in a restraunt! =D

Acting wasn't bad. The pale chic was probably the best actor of the bunch, though. Her lines were chuckle worthy.

Audio was out of sync a lot. Was that due to compression? That really distracted me.

Didn't like the comic book intro, but you can only do so much so. =D

Good job!

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks for this film.

First, in my view, you should try and re-render and upload it again because it's such a small file that the resolution just isn't there - and I think it deserves to be seen in a better format than presently uploaded (it's only 16.9 megs vs. the 40 megs available to you!).

Kholi noted in a previous post that the sound sync was off - but I didn't find I had that problem. I did notice that the video seemed stretched, but see above suggestion.

The first thing I noted was that there's really good production value here. The restaurant. The lighting set-up. Nice. This short looks rich. If it's not, nice job infusing that.

The acting was good, but the waitress/antagonist particularly stood out for me. She was very believable and delivered her lines well (although I didn't really like the "Let's get them" line at the end - but that's a hard line to deliver well).

The story was OK, but I was kinda hoping for more of an ending.

Again, thanks very much for this film and giving us a chance to watch it.
    God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"... (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975)

4. Collapse Details
    Thank you for your feedback guys. I truly appreciate it. I actually have been re-rendering the film all morning trying to get a decent copy to repost. Hopefully I can get something viewable up pretty quick.

Rich

5. Collapse Details
    This one made me chuckle a few times. I liked the "thought reading" part. The waitress was so mean. I dig it man. I've been to restaurants around here with waitresses like that. New Orleans has a bunch of them too. It made me laugh how she turned out.
    Music & Film : noct.us | Last.fm | Vimeo | isara.com

6. Collapse Details
    That myspace part was funny. I wonder how many times a day that happens for real. I hope you get the compression thing worked out quick so i can watch it again before I vote. You should try sorenson squeeze, its the most reliable and easy for beginners to get a great compressed movie for the web.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

7. Collapse Details
    I'm glad you guys liked it! I already have an updated render ready to go, just waiting for the FTP to re-open so I can get it going. Thanks!

Rich

8. Collapse Details
    intro comics were good, but intro music was really flat.

you already know about your compression issues - I'll be excited to see your new version.

colors and lighting were REALLY nice. it would help if you could bring your subjects up a stop or so or backlight them, so they don't blend in with the background so much.

Some of the lines were kind of clunkers. like "I knew it was you guys." but i loved the cilantro/pesto bit.

Again, the ending came kind of suddenly, as if your second day shoot went wrong and you had to find a random place to end the movie. If you were deliberately going for a movie that was more focused on the "blind date" angle (and the no time for superheroes to have sex angle) it should have wrapped more tightly on that idea at the end instead of ending before a big fight is going to happen.

nice work! this was cute.
    joey

9. Collapse Details
    Just watched this a second time...I'll watch it again once you put up a recompressed version.

The story is there...no doubt. I know it must've been a HUGE challenge to light up that restaurant...if you'd adjusted some of your lights just about 30 degrees more towards the faces it might have helped a bit. But, I'll hand it to you for having the guts to take on a location like that.

Music was fitting, but a little canned. Try a bit more reverb on the inner voice over.

Title sequence was VERY cool!
    Mike McNeese
    Director of Photography

10. Collapse Details
    ya... I think i'm gonna have to watch this one again when you put up the new version. It was pretty dark and a lot of it was hard to see.

4 days? Congrats on getting it done in time.

... I shall return.

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast