Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hey that was funny as hell. I had to open SIMILO and reopen yours for whatever reason my mind wanted to do that. I had to turn the highs down big time on my monitors and it was ok but before that it hurt. I love the bucket facial expressions.
    Sort of a lifesize Mr.Bill
    Thanks for the laughs!
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahopafilms
    Hey guys. Thanks (and I'll post some specific, knowledgable replies as soon as I finish ordering Sound Editing 101 from amazon.com), but I need to jump in to set one thing straight really early (and I know the original comment wasn't meant this way, but I'm using it as a springboard anyway).

Bucketman is a parody/homage to Similo. Not to get too overly precise here, but nothing should be taken as "making fun" of what went before. As far as I am concerned I am about as qualified to "make fun" of Similo (or any other entry for that matter) as a kid who can't ride a bike is to criticize the landing skills of a pilot of an F22-A. On a winding runway. With bald tires. On a rainy ...

Oh never mind.

Now I just gotta go find my credit card for amazon.com ...

Thanks again.
    My apologies for using the wrong set of words. Still loved it though.

Edit: That was my 2000th post! :o I guess I'd better get to work on a video.
    The DVXuser formerly known as dj200423.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dj200423
    My apologies for using the wrong set of words. Still loved it though.

Edit: That was my 2000th post! :o I guess I'd better get to work on a video.
    I know how you meant it and no criticism intended. Just wanted to keep things on the rails.

And congrats on your 2000th post.
    God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"... (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975)

4. Collapse Details
    Whoa! At first I thought

1. This reminds me of Similo
    2. Ok this has to be a joke
    3. This is too well made to be a joke...WTF?
    4. Ok this is definitely a joke

You lured me in! I really enjoyed this film. The real ride you had me on was questioning myself, not so much the movie. I heard someone once say that art makes people talk, it's not just a pretty picture or technicalities. That's what you're doing. Once the roller coaster of spoof climbed that hill it dropped down into hilarious, stomach dropping and more blatant humor.

high marks all around

PS. The voiceover sounded great. I liked the effect going on.
    Music & Film : noct.us | Last.fm | Vimeo | isara.com

5. Collapse Details
    Loved Similo, LOVED the parody. I can't say that I can add more than what John and Jack have already gone over, totally agree. Nice work, now it's time to wipe the tears out of my eyes from laughing

6. Collapse Details
    ha!! Yes, I do agree, it was a hilarious movie. Such contrast in the VO and the visuals. I really dug the part when he turned his head with his hand... at first, I would like.. Ooh gosh.. I can see his hand. And then all the sudden the VO made a comment on it.

There were some really cool stuff in the movie for sure. His expressions were priceless.

I suppose the only thing that got to me was the VO volume. It was nice when it was there, but when the "gate" kicked in, (I assume it was a noise gate?) it got a little distracting. Clean audio, fuzzy, clean, fuzzy. I'd almost rather hear the fuzzy stuff throughout ya know? Music selection was really nice and I think worked really well. I assume that was stock music?

Green screen work actually worked with the film and its context.

congrats on your film and getting it in!

cheers!
    /j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Hudson
    ... At first, when I saw homegirl in the woody area, I though immediately of the zombiefest entry and was like 'He likes chick's alone on th wood's'
    Er ... so you've seen the "extra's" already?

Hmmm.
    God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"... (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975)

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniel Stanley
    Bwahahahaha!

LMFAO.

Man that was some funny funny shizzle.

They say great paraody is very close to the thing its riffing on, and the beginning of your film creeped me out.

I was like OH NO .... either
    A) this is the beginning of the dreaded S I M I L O clones that were phophecied (is that a word?) after that auspicious films debut "I loved his movie so much I made one just like it!"
    B) you were too gay to think people wouldn't notice you were totally ripping Maccy G off.
    C) you were making a Maccy G fan boy film

All of the above possibillities filled me with a cold wet icky feeling ...
    If I've managed "cold wet icky", then my job here is done.

... Like John said -- so many good -- make thath great lines, it was hard to keep up man. Personal favs include (forgive me for paraphrasing) "I knew there were somethings you could never do ... like turn your head without the assistance of your hand"
    OK, so I've got to give credit to Kristine. Moments (literally) before we shot that take, she was (in her words) "peeing her pants" laughing. It was Bucketman's first time in the car with her, and it was killing all of us. But she pulled it together and managed all her head turns (without using her hands) and "meaningful gazes" without breaking up. What a pro.

... her delivery really made it work as well, completely, totally dry ... spot on! Just stay in character and let the line do the work - excellent.
    That's my VO actress. Awesome awesome awesome.

My big ding is on the quality of the sound as John so diplomatically pointed out.

Were you just rushed? Hopefully you will redo for the DVD - I wanna watch this again with that element up to par with the rest. Such a shame with her excellent vocal work. How bout a little foam on that mic, a little D esser and d popper filter in your NLE, a little compression.

I worked with an audio sweetener for the fist time on my project, if rerecording is not an option, then lets get him that track to celan up for the DVD.

aside from the audio ding ...
    Yeah. Sure I was rushed. So rushed that I think I finished about three days before the deadline. And some of the audio issues were because we didn't use foam or a screen on the mic. And it was recorded a little low so I had to bring it up 12dbs to make it usable, which nicely brought out the pops and the "s's". And I have no freaking clue what a "D esser" is (isn't that what they use on airplane wings in Finland before they take off in winter?). Or for that matter what a "d popper" filter is.

Hey! Screw you Jack! You're making me feel freaking inferior. Again!

... I wanna see more comic work like this from you for purely selfish reasons
    Er, so what was wrong with Contraband?

Truly though, thanks Jack. Awesome you took so much time to comment on the little people's work.

Cheers.

9. Collapse Details
    This couldn't have been more different than Contraband. Here I come into this expecting something along those lines then POW! WHAM! PUNCH! It started with a chuckle which bloomed into all out laughter. This was positively great. While I enjoyed your SciFest entry, this one is absolutely fabulous. (Hey, that sounds like a good name for a...oh, already done.)

Great job, I loved it!
    Last edited by Blaine; 06-07-2006 at 06:03 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    I'll have to go through this thread later & read the comments, but I really enjoyed this one. I told my wife in advance it was going to be a spoof/comedy (I did read that much at least in advance), so she watched it with me & we both chuckled throughout.

Then I was able to dig up SIMILO for her, and she had even more laughs as she saw what you were spoofing ... which I could have shown her that first, but oh well.

VERY ENTERTAINING, ESPECIALLY for those of us who got to see SIMILO in the last festival. I also REALLY enjoyed your VO artist ... great voice.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast