Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Bucketman - - - - DahopaFilms
    Bucketman.

The name says it all.
    God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"... (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975)

2. Collapse Details
    Too, too funny -- I enjoyed it far more than the film that inspired it...

MsMaNHaTtaN
    All it takes is a dollar and a dream.
    Producer: Hello, Hello, Twilight Fest 2008
    Visit my Web site
    IMDB Profile
    My Blog: MsManhattan.net

3. Collapse Details
    Sorry MsManhattan - can't agree with that comment at all.

Dahopa - funny concept and well executed. Just a little too long of a joke for my taste. Much to be proud of, though!
    Dan Welsh - Mr Punch Films
    http://danwelsh.info

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpunch
    Sorry MsManhattan - can't agree with that comment at all.

Dahopa - funny concept and well executed. Just a little too long of a joke for my taste. Much to be proud of, though!
    Yeah, I was definitely not with the majority on the original film -- it was not at the top of my SciFest list... I know, I know -- all boils down to personal taste...

MsMaNHaTtaN
    All it takes is a dollar and a dream.
    Producer: Hello, Hello, Twilight Fest 2008
    Visit my Web site
    IMDB Profile
    My Blog: MsManhattan.net

5. Collapse Details
    For some reason, I was expecting a movie to homage to that movie. Wasn't expecting a bucket, though.
    Mike McNeese
    Director of Photography

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MsManhattan
    Too, too funny -- I enjoyed it ...
    MsManhattan,

Thanks for the comment. Really glad it made you smile. That's a terrific dividend to the fun we had making it.
    God: Every time I try to talk to someone it's "sorry this" and "forgive me that" and "I'm not worthy"... (Monty Python and the Holy Grail, 1975)

7. Collapse Details
    'What did she have that I didn't have besides a taudry red dress that clung to her body like a lowered red ferrari on the pacific coast highway on a rainy day?'

At first glance I was wondered what was going on with the homage to Similo (For those of you not familiar you must watch Similo to get the full Jist) and then saw the dude with the bucket on his head.

This was brilliant. It has made my morning. I was laughing the whole time, the poorly done green screen, the boat going by in the background ...

Great job ! I had a very fun time with this one. My major prereq on these films are' Am I being entertained?' and you totally suceeded big time ! SIMILO is a wonderful film technically but this film was a far more enjoyable experience for me as well MissManhattan.

Great fun Brian!

On a serious note:

The Voice Over was great; care to share any techniques ? It soudned wonderful.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpunch
    ... Dahopa - funny concept and well executed. Just a little too long of a joke for my taste. Much to be proud of, though!
    Hey - thanks MrP. I guess you'd REALLY hate the long version then!

Quote Originally Posted by OLBoy
    Absolutely hilarious. Gotta love the "expressions" on Bucketmans face.
    OLBoy, thanks very much. Mischa Haman-Dass, the actor who played Bucketman, really worked hard to pull those off. I was sceptical at first, but he really came through.

Quote Originally Posted by mjmcneese2
    For some reason, I was expecting a movie to homage to that movie. Wasn't expecting a bucket, though.
    Thanks for the comment. Yes, someone had to do it. OK, maybe not, but it was fun and I was happy to oblige. And as for the bucket, my other ideas pailed by comparison.

(Sorry.)

9. Collapse Details
    HAHA! Loved it... I immediatley picked up on the fact it was a spoof... laughed a lot, and I echo Hudson in saying the VO was really nice.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Hudson
    'What did she have that I didn't have besides a taudry red dress that clung to her body like a lowered red ferrari on the pacific coast highway on a rainy day?'

... the poorly done green screen, the boat going by in the background ...

...On a serious note:

The Voice Over was great; care to share any techniques ? It soudned wonderful.
    Oh sure. Now everyone thinks they're a critic!

Green screen? What's a green screen?

Oh, and the first person to tell me where I filmed the boats gets a big piece of ... satisfaction (and it's really not that hard a question).

Seriously though, John, the line was actually: "Aside from the cheap, tarty red dress that clung to her surgically-enhanced curves like a lowered Ferrari with bald tires on the Pacific Coast Highway on a rainy day.". And that's only important to me because (a) I wrote it; and (b) my VO actress extraordinaire must have run out of breath the first seventeen takes on that line. MAN! Do we have fodder for out-takes!

And on your "serious note" on the VO's, the best part about that was that they were recorded by my actress in LA - without ANY involvement by me! I sent her the script, she recorded and e-mailed me multiple takes (and I can still barely listen to many of those - they totally kill me) and I picked the ones I wanted, used a little crappy little Roxio audio editor to tune them up a little and plopped them into Vegas. So I figure the less I actually contribute to a piece, the better it gets!

Thanks John. Glad it brought a smile.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast