Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Aram,

Finally got to see the final final version of the film. "Dragons" and "Art of the Saber" worked great! Lindsay's haunting voice as those little 'souls' rose up was great!

I think Stephanie's tribal rythmic drum cue was amazing too! Fantastic job on such a short time notice.

anxious to see all your behind scenes footage of this FX PIece.

cheers!
    /j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

2. Collapse Details
    I have some footage of the before and after that I will put up. When i was showing friends the rough edits to get an idea of how it was moving, they were like, why are you standing there next to him blowing wind? or I dont like the green background. It looks cheap. Heh.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

3. Collapse Details
    I just have to sing Aram's praises because he really worked hard to bring all of the ideas in the script to life. We were originally going to do a much different film -- a comic one with very little post work. But then, our lead actor (the Super Hero) came to us with the idea of doing a story based loosely on the Eye of Horus. He and Aram went to Pratt together, and he really wanted to do an fX-heavy film so he could work on the post-production. So we agreed, came up with our own take on the legend, and went to work. With only a month to go to the deadline. And then... Super Hero had to go out of town for a family thing, leaving Aram to do all the post work alone...

He was at it every single night and available day for three-and-a-half weeks, taking out the green screen, compositing in the backgrounds, doing the CGI and fX, and editing. He was relentless. And, I really think it shows. There are many other things we wanted to do with the look and feel of the film that we just didn't have time for, but it impresses me tremendously what he was able to accomplish -- on deadline and with a day job to boot.

Of course, no one could accuse me of being objective about Aram, so feel free to consider the source of these comments. That said, I really think his work speaks for itself. Congratulations, Aram!

MsMaNHaTtaN
    All it takes is a dollar and a dream.
    Producer: Hello, Hello, Twilight Fest 2008
    Visit my Web site
    IMDB Profile
    My Blog: MsManhattan.net

4. Collapse Details
    What stands out the most about this film are the SFX. I was internally-cheering on the hero as he was defeating the villian - what an image! With the amount of time you had to actually produce this film, I was impressed.

I would have liked to have seen more camerawork, however, than SFX. Don't get me wrong - they are wonderful - but the FX at times were a little too heavy and overloaded for my taste.

Overall, I would be proud of this film. I am looking forward to hearing how you were able to construct and integrate these FX.

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks all. I think we tackled a story very different than the earlier fests. This is the first time we had a story that could not be told in 6 minutes but the challenge was fun. 3 weeks to finish with the amount of work that had to be done just was begging to be taken on. I gives me the confidence knowing the next version of this will be amazing especially since there will be time to create a surreal environment.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

6. Collapse Details
    Here are some early tests for the church scene. I painted in the light shafts and lighten up the areas around the windows and added contrast in the ceiling. It looks much darker in the compressed movie for some reason.

Here is the raw.

UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

7. Collapse Details
    Let me talk about the FX work first since this is such an FX driven story. Technically, I feel it was really well done. The opening shot was great and set the tone for what was to follow. It wasn't until the final battle that the FX work became a problem for me. It just became too much in the overall scheme. Perhaps it was the backgrounds (the blue one in particular), I don't know, but I found myself paying more attention to the FX than the story which is too bad because I thought it was a good apocalyptic story.

i.e.:
    "Refusing his mark forces us to live like this." And seeing this line on 6-6-06. Pretty cool. Whether intentional or not, the Anti-Christ parallels are striking. Even the flames behind the Arphid felt like a representation of Hell.

Okay. I still stand by what I wrote in the opening paragraph, but I have watched again, two times, and I'm appreciating the FX of the "Final Battle" more than I did on the initial viewing.

8. Collapse Details
    Yeah, that's why this film is so great... I don't know what to like more, the FX or the Story... I'm torn between the two... so as a writer first and a director second.. I'd have to go with the story! Great effects, but the story moved me... It's rare you get emotion in an action pack film... but RF EYE-D pulled it off.

-honorable mention-The Villian was awsome in the 5 seconds he was in there

9. Collapse Details
    Hey Blain, MsManhattan would be able to explain these better than I can but Im going to try.
    Yes the mark refers to the mark of the beast that scene also represents the virgin birth of a child which would be Horus in egyptian stories and Jesus in others. For it to be 6-6-06 was a nice coincidence. The Tattoo is the eye of Horus to tie it in even more.
    The Arphid (RFID) is the growing threat of our privacy being invaded by the government. Im going to post links in the news that deal with these issues today.
    The world may end up like our story.

"The most popular story of Horus is the one in which he grows to manhood to avenge the death of his father Osiris by battling against his cruel uncle Set. In many writings, he is said to continue to battle Set daily to ensure the safety of the world."

The idea for this was live action anime style hence the weird backgrounds like they do when they battle in the cartoons and the famous sword. The time limit didnt allow me to create more anime like scenes which would have read better when they were all together. I have a ton of shots that I didnt use with them flying and stuff but hey, no time. This was the only get-to-the-point shots I could use. I wanted to have it look like a hand drawing but it too much time to test. I tried a few things and even PMed some people for help but couldnt do it.

I was hoping people didnt get caught up in the vfx because the story is deeeeep.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Aram Bauman
    Hey Blain, MsManhattan would be able to explain these better than I can but Im going to try.
    Yes the mark refers to the mark of the beast that scene also represents the virgin birth of a child which would be Horus in egyptian stories and Jesus in others. For it to be 6-6-06 was a nice coincidence. The Tattoo is the eye of Horus to tie it in even more.
    The Arphid (RFID) is the growing threat of our privacy being invaded by the government. Im going to post links in the news that deal with these issues today.
    The world may end up like our story.

"The most popular story of Horus is the one in which he grows to manhood to avenge the death of his father Osiris by battling against his cruel uncle Set. In many writings, he is said to continue to battle Set daily to ensure the safety of the world."

The idea for this was live action anime style hence the weird backgrounds like they do when they battle in the cartoons and the famous sword. The time limit didnt allow me to create more anime like scenes which would have read better when they were all together. I have a ton of shots that I didnt use with them flying and stuff but hey, no time. This was the only get-to-the-point shots I could use. I wanted to have it look like a hand drawing but it too much time to test. I tried a few things and even PMed some people for help but couldnt do it.

I was hoping people didnt get caught up in the vfx because the story is deeeeep.
    I would explain the story a little differently -- mostly simply because of how all the ideas came together in my head. I didn't really care about the Eye of Horus story -- they wanted to use that so I worked with it. My concern was more about what is the SuperHero fighting for? What has the villain done that he needs to be taken down for? What does each have to lose and/or to gain? So, the story really arose from there. I will elaborate more later, but I gotta dash -- going to see... The Omen -- what else???

MsMaNHaTtaN
    All it takes is a dollar and a dream.
    Producer: Hello, Hello, Twilight Fest 2008
    Visit my Web site
    IMDB Profile
    My Blog: MsManhattan.net

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast