Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I have not seen this yet but Im hearing its really funny and cant wait to see it when the films are back up again. I heard you are going to be great some day. The next Matt Mcdermitt. Sorry I missed you at the meeting but we shot until about 8pm yesterday. I thought I was going to get out around 3 and shoot up there as fast as I could to see everyones film projected. I couldnt get a final dvd version for that meeting done in time so sorry about the quality on ours.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Aram Bauman
    I have not seen this yet but Im hearing its really funny and cant wait to see it when the films are back up again. I heard you are going to be great some day. The next Matt Mcdermitt. Sorry I missed you at the meeting but we shot until about 8pm yesterday. I thought I was going to get out around 3 and shoot up there as fast as I could to see everyones film projected. I couldnt get a final dvd version for that meeting done in time so sorry about the quality on ours.
    Thanks Aram. I heard a lot about you as well at the meeting. (the commercial with the fridge, and your awesome Cg effects in your hero fest!!!) Its too bad you didn't make it to the meetingI guess i'll see you at the next meeting.

alex
    My Website:

alexwoflewis.com

3. Collapse Details
    Hi Alex,

I really liked the humor in the film. I personally think, comedy is the toughest! Making people laugh is not at all easy.
    Bottom line, "Everybody was laughing and having fun."

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sandesh
    Hi Alex,

I really liked the humor in the film. I personally think, comedy is the toughest! Making people laugh is not at all easy.
    Bottom line, "Everybody was laughing and having fun."
    thanks so much.

the film is now on the mirror site: http://www.24puser.com/herofest/jimt...-ToughLuck.mov
    alex
    My Website:

alexwoflewis.com

5. Collapse Details
    Dude, my stomach is killing me from laughing. Its hard to type i have soo many tears in my eyes. OMG the ending was... was.... perfect. I mean the timing and everything. The uncomfortable moment with the zipper, the body language was PERFECT! I was thinking when I saw that close up them that it looked kind of sexual but the next shot killed me. The mom... classic.
    This was really damn good man. Congrats to the 10th degree.

I thought the lost dialog was actually working in the film because kids that age sort of mumble when talking. Im used to it with my kids, well my kids talk really fast so its like mumbling.
    UrbanMouse.com

2013 Narrative Reel

6. Collapse Details
    Hey Alex,
    Great job. I was really impressed by this. Great actors, good dialogue and awesome camerawork. Nice to meet you at the meeting, can't wait to see your future projects.
    -Ryan
    Check out my website.

7. Collapse Details
    Alex is it?

I have a disc full of HeroFest entries and yours is the first one I watch.

Well done!

I'm glad the kids are at school and the wife is at work or they'd be wondering what the hell is wrong with me.

You made me laugh out loud. Repeatedly. That doesn't happen often.

Let's get the technical stuff out of the way.

The score was heroic. Nicely done, Justin.
    The camera work was OK although I would have liked to have seen you vary your shots a bit during the phone conversation.
    The audio in places was very good and in others, frankly, I lost what they were saying as the actors either mumbled or the score overpowered the dialogue.

When the protaganist dials the phone, perhaps some sound fx for the dialing and was the cellphone on vibrate? Minor, but noticable.

The costumes were soooooo grade 9. Man. They were something I would have put together at 14. Nice job with the montage of costume sketching and the final result was worth it. The style and the way they were constructed pointed to a couple of kids and mom's sewing machine.

The actors were pretty good and their reaction at the end and great "uncomfortableness" of the moment when they see each other's costume, especially the friend's...leather gear was quite amusing.

Of course the end was the, somewhat telegraphed, but still worthwhile, payoff that had me laughing hard.

Thanks Alex for starting off my viewing with a big ol' laugh!

All the best with HF and....BEYOND!!!! (echo, echo, echo)

sincerely,

ian
    Last edited by Ian Slessor; 06-06-2006 at 06:37 AM.
    My Equipment?

DVX100b x2
    Manfrotto 028 Tripod x2
    Manfrotto 501 Head x2
    Manfrotto 558b Monopod
    Varizoom VZROCK PZFI Zoom x2
    GH1 w' kit lens
    rainbowimaging Canon FD to m4/3 adapter
    Canon FD lenses, 50mm 1.4; 28mm 2.8, 135mm 2.8, 35mm 3.5(doh!)
    Fader ND
    Cokin P-series holder
    NO Cokin ND filters heh

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Aram Bauman

I thought the lost dialog was actually working in the film because kids that age sort of mumble when talking. Im used to it with my kids, well my kids talk really fast so its like mumbling.
    Thanks. im glad you enjoyed watching it. I neverthough about their mumbling being a character trait. At the end i told them to mumble but otherwise it was their doing. Another reason why i believe they worked so well together is because they are best friends in reality so that aspect really came through when they were acting.

Quote Originally Posted by HybridCreations
    Hey Alex,
    Great job. I was really impressed by this. Great actors, good dialogue and awesome camerawork. Nice to meet you at the meeting, can't wait to see your future projects.
    -Ryan
    Thanks man. i can't wait for the next meeting. I had a lot of fun.

Alex
    My Website:

alexwoflewis.com

9. Collapse Details
    Alex,

You really came a long way in a short time on this entry. With John and Gustav you unfortunately miscast the piece using actors who, because of their age, were essentially unbelievable in their roles. Tough Luck is an entirely different story. Right from the opening scene I could see you got it right. Loved the acting. Loved the casting. The teacher and mother were particularly good. My daughter walked in just as the mother walked into the bedroom. I was laughing so hard, she thought I was crazy. I enjoyed this entry a lot. Good job.

10. Collapse Details
    The Score to "Tough Luck"

http://edgen.hostpaw.com/edgen_tough_luck.mp3

/j

justin r. durban -
    yup & yup.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast