Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahopafilms
    Noct,

I just want to reiterate how much I liked your film. Really nice job.

Thanks again.
    No, thank you. I'm humbled by your acknowledgement of my flick.

Congrats on you being in the winners circle! Your film was very well written and executed.

Quote Originally Posted by penfever
    Aaron -

I thought this was one of the most interesting films of this festival. I say interesting because you didn't take a hero and just let him sit there - instead you created a heroic universe to surround him. The reaction between hero and environment is vital to selling the super-film. Look at Raimi's Spiderman, the way the camera swings like it's on a web when he travels. This was an introspective hero, and he lived in an introspective and solitary world. Thumbs up.
    I think you would benefit a lot from working with a crew. Not only does it give you good experience, it's a lot more fun and it can temper certain ... excesses. I particularly think you should get a consult next time on your editing and FX work. You have a lot of knowledge and ability, but that often leads people to be a little shortsighted about the effect their choices have on a viewer. Your choice of circular wipes, for instance, was excellent and kept the video-gamey feel alive, but the desaturated tones were overdone and (sorry) a little hokey.
    Anyhow, best of luck and see you next fest.
    -Ben
    Ben,

Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate your feedback. I'll keep everything in mind. I really like what you said about "created a heroic universe" that is a dead on observation. I felt that was extremely important. The environment is always important to me, but especially in a film like this.

Thank you. BTW is that Bjork in your avatar? I love Bjork.

Aaron
    Music & Film : noct.us | Last.fm | Vimeo | isara.com

2. Collapse Details
    I just wanted to bookend this thread with links to view the film.

WMV <- your choice -> MP4

Thanks for watching!
    Last edited by Aaron Marshall; 06-18-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    Music & Film : noct.us | Last.fm | Vimeo | isara.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345