Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Collapse Details
    several ways to handle this - one is to be organizing your clips into bins in a master project to help keep them ordered by project

another is to use metadata - assign the user clip name in camera when you are shooting with the project name - then when you are importing into a project you sort by name and voila - easy to find the project
    SLM Production Group
    http://www.slmproduction.com - HPX500 available

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by smelni View Post
    several ways to handle this - one is to be organizing your clips into bins in a master project to help keep them ordered by project

another is to use metadata - assign the user clip name in camera when you are shooting with the project name - then when you are importing into a project you sort by name and voila - easy to find the project
    I'm not sure that you understood my problem, or is it me who didn't understand the solution ? :-)

When I copy the videos to mxf with the sony viewer and then link the videos in the bins, they ALL have the same f... name : SONY VOYAGER. Ok, now I know it is a problem coming from Sony, so we'll have to wait for a solution.

In my cam, the shooting is separated in folders properly identified, but when the transfer to mxf is done and the clips are sent to the bins in Avid from Media tool, gone the good organization work :-(

For now, here is the best workaround that I found :

1- you copy MXF files in the folder MXF/1 (or 2 or 3, ...)

2- Open Avid

3- Open Media Tool, search only for master clips and drag them to a well identified bin

4- Close Avid. Copy and paste another bunch of MXF files from another folder.

5- Re-open Avid and the media tool.

6- Select all the clips from the first bin. Select MEDIA RELATIVE so these clips will be highlighted in the media tool (so you know wich one are already in Avid).

7- In media tool, reverse selection.

8- Bravo now you know which clips to drag in another well identified bin.

!!!

What a pain in the ...

Another solution ?

A+

3. Collapse Details
    look up the user clip name article on this site by barry green - just name the clips for the project and that transfers into avid
    SLM Production Group
    http://www.slmproduction.com - HPX500 available

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks, this Barry Green is my new guru hahaha. But it applys on p2 I think, my error. I'll try on the Sony EX3 board instead ...

Thanks anyway.
    A+

5. Collapse Details
    Another option is to search the clips by dates. This might help you narrow down which clips you're looking to use for a particular project.

PANASONIC AF100 - SIGMA SD1 still photography -
    AVID Symphony
    editing/grading
    - ADOBE suite
    For Hire - Los Angeles based, World Traveler
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by canceling it.

6. Collapse Details
    A long update on missing A1 files...I had the same problem today and had to find this thread to recall how I saved my butt. Here I am working in Symphony 3.0 and the same problem is occurring. That is, copy video & audio to a drive then import via media tool, drag to bin and the A1's are missing. So, when I went to the Windows folder and copied all A1 files, then went back to Media Tool, did another import and refreshed, my A1 files magically appeared. I hope this gets solved soon. It's only been 6+ months, and yes, I do have the latest firmware.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415