Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1. Collapse Details
    Damian,

looks like you are not really on the lucky side of life..!
    As far as i know, you cant get PAL from a NTSC HVX 200 (the 170 is different on this if i am not wrong..)....the Frame-Hack brings you close to 25fps, but i doubt that you wanna use it that way..!

Id rather do 30FPS and then do a pulldown to 25fps in post..havent done that (i got Pal for pal..!), but seeing that extra-work, id say it will suck for you..mainly with sound and all that..!

Good thing is, you got 60FPS if you want it..!

Good luck..!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    When the Hydra is released, if you get your HVX modified for the Hydra then it'll also work for 1080p and 2K modes.
    So for the newbies here, can i ask what Hydra is? Also, where do i get my HVX200 modified for Hydra so i can shoot 1920x1080p @ 60fps?
    Cheers Pete.
    https://vimeo.com/user8157547/videos
    Panasonic HVX200/Gates underwater housing/ Fathom Imaging Wide Port/ Twin sola 4000 video lights.

3. Collapse Details
    The Hydra is nonexistent. It was a product that was under development at the time, but since then the company was bought out and shut down, and so the Hydra is never going to be released.

As such, there is no option for an HVX200 to shoot 1080/60p.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Bugger, sounds like maybe sony or similar slipped somebody a large sum of cash to go away!
    If anybody could unlock 60p @ 1080 i would pay for that.
    Thanks for the heads up anyway Barry.
    Cheers Pete.
    Panasonic HVX200/Gates underwater housing/ Fathom Imaging Wide Port/ Twin sola 4000 video lights.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    The Hydra is nonexistent. It was a product that was under development at the time, but since then the company was bought out and shut down, and so the Hydra is never going to be released.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Hydra promising 4:4:4 color from the HVX? I remember people mocking this idea at the time, and here we are years later, with a 4:2:0 camera outputting 4:4:4 color space through clever hacking. Does this mean the HVX / HPX , or in fact, any other budget pro camera could be hacked ??

6. Collapse Details
    The Hydra promised 4:4:4 color at 960x540 res. He was physically tapping into the camera's sensors. He didn't hack the camera's firmware at all, he was modifying the hardware. He tapped into the sensors and took a raw feed off of the sensors, and then did the processing himself. So he could either get 4:4:4 (full color from each CCD) or he could use spatial offset and debayering to get 2K res out of it.

So could any camera be hacked like this? Certainly, if you were a hardware engineer who knew how to disassemble it, where to tap into the sensors, and what to do with the signals you were getting off of them... I'd say that's a skillset that very few of us have, so don't expect to see downloadable firmware hacks; the hydra was a hardware modification. As was the Andromeda before it.

7. Collapse Details
    Can somebody please hack the hvx for higher frame rates at 1080P?
    Pretty please

8. Collapse Details
    man i would like to edit those pictures.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425