Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Dolgin's 4 way Battery Charger and 2 way charger
    Last edited by Jarred Land; 10-29-2006 at 03:05 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    How can anyone do a shoot without this charger?

100% PROFESSIONAL QUAILTY

Worth the cost to never have to worry about your battery life.. Just put one or four batts on the charger, and grab it when it's got enough charge to get the shot, or wait less than half the time of the regular charger for a COMPLETE CHARGE!!

Charges all 4 at the same time!

The LCD display shows all the useful info (percent charge, how much charge since it was placed on the charger, and when its "READY".. no need to look in the book for some fancy light blinking patter.. when its READY it says READY!!!)

When I go on jobs with multiple Panny's I get another $50 a day for the charger.. :-) So, another 2 jobs and it's paid for itself in 4 months..

I used it on my feature, and I couldn't have done it without it..

- - Justin
    Last edited by Justin Marx; 05-21-2007 at 09:42 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    Its kinda funny.. cause i dont know.. i never leave home without it anymore... its nice just throwing everything on there, and leave them be.

4. Collapse Details
    We use 2 Dolgins in our rental house, a Sony and a Panasonic. They run 24/7 and allow us to charge up batteries quickly for the next hire.

The Sony unit does the M&L Series lithium Ions allowing us to charge 2 battery types at once.

Recommended.

5. Collapse Details
    We use 2 Dolgins in our rental house, a Sony and a Panasonic. They run 24/7 and allow us to charge up batteries quickly for the next hire.

The Sony unit does the M&L Series lithium Ions allowing us to charge 2 battery types at once.

Recommended.

6. Collapse Details
    I'll chime in: Dolgin's 4-port charger rocked my filming trip through Asia. Power was no problem, I could charge 8 batteries in the time I used to take to charge 2, sturdy enough to go through the rigors of suitcases, etc. It will go on every trip I take. Thanks to dvxuser for steering me to an awesome custom product.

7. Collapse Details
    Two regrets about this charger: I wish it were cheaper, and I wish I would have bought one sooner.

At $500.00 it's price is disproportionate to the price of an HVX. But what are you going to do? It's made by a small company filling a needed product niche.

As for the latter regret, this thing has made life so much easier. No more charging one battery at a time, coming back to see when it's time to switch batteries out. Put them on and go to bed. Now my Panasonic issued power supply/batt charger can stay in the camera case and be used for emergencies, but more importantly as a camera power source with out the risk of forgetting it at the office.

The Dolgin is worth every penny.

8. Collapse Details
    I'll echo the post above.

I really wish it was less expensive. That said, its really worth every penny once you have it in action. A great piece of gear!!

DVX100A
    | HVX200 | HPX171
    < then ------------------ now >

9. Collapse Details
    If it was this exact same charger (4 way... NOT the 2 way) for $295.00 and I'd do it. I just won't pay that much, worth "every penny" or not.... thats a bit too many pennies.

10. Collapse Details
    Anyone ever use the IDX 4 way charger? They've had a Panasonic only version out for some time and just introduced a Sony only version at NAB. I'm curious to know whether anyone has had any experience with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast