Thread: Focusing

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    No, I haven't seen or used that product. Only thing I'd say is that it seems kind of low-res (480x240) so don't rely on it to show you a sharp image, unless it has some sort of pixel-to-pixel mode.
    It may be too late, but what mountable monitor would you suggest for the Panasonic HVX200?

2. Collapse Details
    I haven't really been checking monitors out, since getting my BT-LH80 a few years ago. Recently we used the SmallHD DP6 on "A Verse Before Dying" and some of the guys seemed quite enthralled with it.

3. Collapse Details
    Artist,

There are lots of monitors with the resolution you need, but all of them will be north of $1200 minimum. Stay tuned for a little bit because this market is changing rapidly. I think everyone has had hopes for a iPad option, but hasn't materialized yet. Toshiba is getting ready to launch a new iPad knockoff with HDMI input which could be a game changer. For a HVX you would need to convert the signal from component to HDMI, but this still might be less expensive than a true HD monitor from Marshall, Small, or Panny.

Grant

4. Collapse Details
    This is regarding my HPX 172EN. I would like to know whether the scene file setting,say anything between 1 to 6, will override all other settings?Or,over nad above that I have to make some other settings? Please throw some light on the " Scene Files".
    I would also like to know how to make use of the SD Card provided in the camera.I recently downloaded a folder called"Private" into the SD Card,as suggested by Panasonic customer support.
    Thanks
    Buddi

5. Collapse Details
    I keep coming back to Barry's list of to-do's and have done my best to follow all of the recommendations for my AG160A. I have hit a brick wall in two areas a) the focus assist expander only works at the LCD which makes it useless for some outdoor shots and b) the camera overeports distance by 9 feet when you are at 50 feet and the reporting is non-linear in that it goes to 13 feet if you are 70 feet from the scene. Unless I am doing something wrong, this, to me, makes it totally unproductive to use either a tape or a laser. I wonder if my camera needs to go in for calibration?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415