Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
    Hey, I was wondering what was the legal rules for selling a script that wasn't copyrighted? Can you sell it for the same, or do you have to have it copyrighted first before you can sell one? I was wondering this because I would be interested in writing scripts for sale. I'm trying to fund a project (yes a film project), and thought of writing scripts to help pay for it. Also is there royalties involved with selling a script? I'm really new to the profession so any help will help.

The Tall Man
    Never going to happen. People who are dedicated to writing find it hard to make a dime, doing it just to raise money is doomed from the start.

As for the copyright, it's yours once you've written it. You have to file if you need an official copyright. You can sell with or with out them. For shorts they really aren't needed. If you sell a feature the buyer will probably want you to get one so you can transfer it to them upon payment.
    Chris Keaton - Writer | Website | Email | imdb |

2. Collapse Details
    I have many scripts I'd like to find a good home for. Here are a few ...

Rain Dogs 13 pages - Revenge never sleeps.

Bulldog Girl 6 pages - How to procure a really nice car, and a few other things. (optioned)

As I Remember Her 6 pages - A city gardner is the unwitting caretaker of the dead.

Angry Monkeys 6 pages - A police Detective comes to terms with shooting a child in a care accident.

Whore 9 pages - We do what we need to do.

Wisdom of Leaves 6 pages - A young girl teaches her Grandfather about wisdom.

When Mary Comes Marching Home 6 pages - (this one is pretty harsh) A woman soldier suffers violent, post-traumatic stress after being freed from captivity.

Loveís Only Witness 6 pages - The last man on earth records his attempts to save a pregnant woman. (optioned)

Honeysuckle - 14 pages. Erotic vampires. There is a perfect job for everyone. You just need to live long enough to find it.

Let me know if any are of interest.

a
    Last edited by alex whitmer; 12-18-2012 at 12:01 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    I started a similar thread here on the BMC forum.

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mail4joeg View Post
    I started a similar thread here on the BMC forum.
    I registerd 6 days ago, but still unable to post or quote or do anything but read the posts.

5. Collapse Details
    New Indie seeking low budget short horror script 10-12 pages long with a small supernatural element similar to "The Road."

6. Collapse Details
    Currently entertaining scripts for my student thesis film. Production budget will consist of potential kick starter funds and personal funding. I'm a DP, and will be bringing direction in to the production myself. I'll be shooting anamorphic on the fs100, and looking for a script that fits in to the gritty street drama mold. Think of "Killing Them Softly" or "The 25th Hour".

30 pages is the target, please PM with any candidate treatments or screenplays. Pre-production slated for this summer, goal to shoot in January.

7. Collapse Details
    My updated list of available short scripts.

Rain Dogs 13 pages - Revenge never sleeps.

Bulldog Girl 6 pages - How to procure a really nice car, and a few other things. IN PRE-PRODUCTION

As I Remember Her 6 pages - A city gardner is the unwitting caretaker of the dead. OPTIONED

Angry Monkeys 6 pages - A police Detective comes to terms with shooting a child in a car accident. OPTIONED

Whore 9 pages drama - We do what we need to do.

Wisdom of Leaves 6 pages drama - A young girl teaches her Grandfather about wisdom.

When Mary Comes Marching Home 6 pages - (this one is pretty harsh) A woman soldier suffers violent, post-traumatic stress after being freed from captivity.

Honeysuckle 14 pages - Erotic vampires. There is a perfect job for everyone. You just need to live long enough to find it.

Top of the World 13 pages - Losing your job can really suck.

No Free Lunch 6 pages drama/ action - No dialogue in this short 'crime drama/action' about a new city program to clean up the streets.

The Mannequin 10 page drama - A man without a face becomes living art for an aspiring student.

Dilegua, o notte 9 page drama - A young girl discovers a gift for her ailing mum OPTIONED

Middlebury Tales 12 page drama - A tween boy comes to terms with the onset of schizophrenia. OPTIONED

Loves Only Witness - 8 page drama - The last man alive tries to save the last woman alive. OPTIONED

Thicker Than Water 10 page action/drama - A brother and sister head out for a night on the town. It won’t be long before they meet up with some big ugly.

Ignoble Pursuit 10 page drama - Two brothers deal with hard times and some bad history – a bad history destined to repeat itself. FILMED

Butterflies Never Die 5 page historical drama - A war prisoner wants to change her memories before she is executed.

The Deal Maker 15 page drama - A student studying overseas has a brush with fate when he witnesses the mugging of a child.

Collecting Butterflies 9 pages drama - Sometimes that first kiss doesn’t go so well.

Grope**** Lane 25 pages drama - She hated the new house to death

A Matter of Habit 6 pages drama - A Man resorts to extortion of the macarbe after witnessing a cold-hearted crime.

Stuff 5 pages dromedy - When fate collides, our stuff will reveal all our secrtes

Lake Madness 6 pages drama - A homage to the exploitation films in the 70s

Blue 6 pages drama - Obsessive behavior can be difficult to live with

Gun Baby 8 pages crime drama - How not to rob a bank

The Key 6 pages suspense - A man finds an unusual way to die

Anne 7 pages drama - William Shakespeare is inspired to write after the Black Death claims his young sister, Anne. Based on true history.

Anomonys 4 pages drama - An internet troll gets his just rewards

On Celestial Mountain 4 pages Western drama - An old frame bought at a yard sale comes with some lost history

The Third Element 5 pages action - A crime boss wants to get back something stolen from him. He didn’t expect a tag-along to help out.

Persimmon Gate 5 pages action - A woman in a purgatory style prison waits for her twelfth prayer to free her, before she is ordered to commit Seppuku.

Armed and Dangerous 4 pges Western comedy - A battle over one of the frontier’s rare commodities.

Two Birds 5 pages Western action - One bullet, one shot, two birds.

Finding Home 20 pages drama - A woman gives up love to follow her dream. Some dreams come at a heavy price.

Fragments of Gold 30 pages drama - A teen woman fights against the system in an effort to save knowledge in

a post internet world. (written with Kegan Sant)

I have a few more floating around on a disk here or there. I'll post them up when I find it.

Alex
    Last edited by alex whitmer; 07-03-2013 at 12:50 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Short Horror Comedy script available
    I have a short film script of approx 15 minutes (easily editable to a shorter length) that follows the exploits of Daniel a would be serial killer, age 10, as he takes his first steps on the road to becoming a man.

Itís a dark satire that looks at the modern obsession with serial killers, media Ė social and otherwise and parental roles in society.

Let me know if you are interested in seeing it.

Anthony

9. Collapse Details
    what genre?

10. Collapse Details
    I am award winning and nominated screenplay writer with both short and feature screenplays available. I do not charge for short screenplays. You can check my IMDB at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5311898/?ref_=rvi_nm. You can email me at- sol15g@yahoo.com. Here are my two short screenplays available right now for screen credit. Love Hurts (Drama)

Log line: Sarah catches her husband having sex with the neighbor.

A seven page short screenplay with few locations. The screenplay can also be done on a low budget.

The Unwanted Guest (Comedy)

Log line: Mike wants his mother in law Ruth out of his house against his wife disapproval. A fun short screenplay with a surprise ending.

A good 3 page short screenplay with only three locations as listed below.
    1. Kitchen
    2. Living room
    3. Bedroom.

Tron Griffin

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5311898/?ref_=rvi_nm

Awards:

Screenplay "Petrified" Won an Award of Merit at the 2013 Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood.

http://www.hollywoodcff.com/2013_Winners_(Spring).html

Screenplay "Petrified" was named an Official Selection and Finalist at the prestigious 2013 Beverly Hills Film Festival.

http://www.beverlyhillsfilmfestival.com/gallery_2013_screen.php

Game show "Bargain America" was sought out and reviewed by Jupiter Entertainment.

Acting:
    Chicago Fire (TV Series) NBC Television, NBC Universal
    -God Has Spoken episode

Yellow (Film)

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast