Thread: Film Festivals.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58
  1. Collapse Details
    #21
    Senior Member snodart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,396
    Default
    Briceman, is it possible to see One Step Ahead on the net somewhere? I'd like to check it out.


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #22
    Producer Mod Brandon Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    18,814
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by snodart
    Briceman, is it possible to see One Step Ahead on the net somewhere? I'd like to check it out.
    Yeah, here's the link:
    www.splivemovie.com/OSA.mov

    Keep in mind, this was my first attempt at a short. I did no real casting, and no real lighting either. I am just trying to preface it by saying it's pretty amateurish IMO. But that having been said, hope you enjoy it
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

    New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lansing, MI.
    Posts
    55
    Default
    Just submitted to 8 festivals. I hope I get into some of them, and that it is worth the time and money. Thanks for all the IMDB stuff, I submitted for that as well.

    ~Ian


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #24
    Master of Horror Filmjunkie677's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,563
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by sd006
    Are we allowed to pimp film festivals here?

    Pimp how? Like create a thread for one?

    PM Jarred to make sure. It's probably fine.
    .


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #25
    Producer Mod Brandon Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    18,814
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by prezorg
    Just submitted to 8 festivals. I hope I get into some of them, and that it is worth the time and money. Thanks for all the IMDB stuff, I submitted for that as well.

    ~Ian
    Yeah, I definitely see your film as a festival film. I have been to a few fests and they are a lot of fun! It's great to hang out with a bunch of fellow filmmakers and watch each other's work. It's almost as great as dvxuser.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

    New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #26
    Mr. Hollywood Blaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,959
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by briceman
    Yeah, here's the link:
    www.splivemovie.com/OSA.mov

    Keep in mind, this was my first attempt at a short. I did no real casting, and no real lighting either. I am just trying to preface it by saying it's pretty amateurish IMO. But that having been said, hope you enjoy it
    You've come a ways since then. It had the problem I saw in some of the films in SciFest. The actors were too young to be believable in their rolls...something you corrected in A Price Too High. It might seem harsh but that's just a deal breaker for me.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #27
    Producer Mod Brandon Rice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    18,814
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine
    You've come a ways since then. It had the problem I saw in some of the films in SciFest. The actors were too young to be believable in their rolls...something you corrected in A Price Too High. It might seem harsh but that's just a deal breaker for me.
    Thanks Blaine, I'll take that as a compliment. One of the main issues I wanted to correct in A Price Too High was the casting. I am glad we made strides in that area!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

    New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #28
    Mr. Hollywood Blaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    9,959
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by briceman
    Thanks Blaine, I'll take that as a compliment. One of the main issues I wanted to correct in A Price Too High was the casting. I am glad we made strides in that area!
    Absolutely take it as a compliment.


    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
    #29
    Senior Member EJ Pennypacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK/ US
    Posts
    650
    Default
    prezorg --

    Keep us posted with how your film DEAD INSIDE does. I liked the entry - it had heart.

    EJ


    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
    #30
    Senior Member g0ldenb0y55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Californ-i-a
    Posts
    735
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaine
    You've come a ways since then. It had the problem I saw in some of the films in SciFest. The actors were too young to be believable in their rolls...something you corrected in A Price Too High. It might seem harsh but that's just a deal breaker for me.

    Believable actors will set the tone for good/bad critique. I'm no expert but when the actors don't fit the rolls they're are playing I tend to be more critical on the piece.


    Reply With Quote
     

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •