Thread: Film Festivals.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Collapse Details
    They tell you if your film doesn't cut the mark, right? I'd imagine they would do that, rather than not tell you. At least, that's what I've been lead to believe.

EJ

2. Collapse Details
    Nope, they won't tell you. Too many people are submitting for them to keep up. Either gets on there, or it doesn't, unfortunately.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

3. Collapse Details
    Yikes. That's cold...

EJ

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Envision
    Nope, they won't tell you. Too many people are submitting for them to keep up. Either gets on there, or it doesn't, unfortunately.
    I submitted my film (dead inside) before I spun it as a “sale-thru final ten DVD” of the contest. I got a rejection email from do-not-reply-here@imdb.com that mentioned what criteria needed to be met, and how to apply again if or when you think your project qualifies. I am going to try again if I make it into any of the festivals I have submitted to, or at least re-try once the Sci-fest DVD is out with a better spin on the final ten thing. I can post the contents of the email if anyone is interested.

~Ian

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Ian, thanks for the info. I would think it's worth another try with the DVD thing at IMDB, as DVXuser IMHO, are now acting as distributors, more than a "festival".

EJ

6. Collapse Details
    Anyway... I didn't get an email from IMDB... but we are accepted in the AOF Fest. www.aoffest.com So, we'll be on IMDB soon enough.
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

7. Collapse Details
    Any other words from people who've submitted to IMDB?

EJ

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Envision
    Not quite true...

Got this from the IMDB posting boards, regarding my own submission:

"When you submit a new title (and a modification to a previous submission counts as a new title) then you'll get an email if it's rejected. The email will tell you what else you need to include.

If you haven't got an email and the processing times page says that they've processed all the titles beyond the date when you submitted it, then you should come back here and an IMDb staffer will look into it.

Email isn't a guaranteed delivery medium. They can get blocked, mis-identified as spam, or just lost.

When you make any other submission apart from a new title then you won't get an email if it's rejected. You just have to keep an eye on the item(s) that your submission affects and if they haven't been changed after the processing times page says that they've processed all the submissions in that section beyond the date when you submitted it, then you have to assume it's been rejected. "

Keep in mind that new titles supposedly take 6-8 weeks, but if check their backlog, they're actually about 11 weeks behind... (Oy...)

I submitted mine 18 March, no word yet... Anybody make it on that can say how long it took them?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456