Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    i like abraham's suggestion. we watch the films without commenting until voting. then after the ballots are in we have a week of comments before the results are released.
    www.elmatadorfilms.com

"There's a lot to be said for making people laugh. Did you know that's all some people have? It isn't much, but it's better than nothing in this cockeyed caravan."

2. Collapse Details
    theMacB, that would theoretically almost force people to watch the film again after voting was over to make comments. A lot of people do that already, but it'd waste time to seperate voting and commenting, since they are two sides of the same coin.

In truth, the comments are more important than the voting, so I'd rather see voting time sacrificed than commenting time.

I'd propose that the comments be submitted blindly (meaning, people can comment on the films, but only the filmmakers can read them before the end of voting). Basically they fill out their comments, hit 'submit' and they disappear for a while. The filmmaker can respond privately until after voting is over.

Thus the filmmakers get immediate feedback, but the voting is not tainted by the comment storm associated with some of the more immediately impactful films.
    -william

3. Collapse Details
    you're right. i like that.
    www.elmatadorfilms.com

"There's a lot to be said for making people laugh. Did you know that's all some people have? It isn't much, but it's better than nothing in this cockeyed caravan."

4. Collapse Details
    Hmmm,

I like you idea about the blind comments WCS. Seems like a good way of doing it.

5. Collapse Details
    I agree, it seems like a fair way to do things. With that said, I have always enjoyed the ongoing comments (this time and during the ZombieFest) during the voting period. Yes, you have to deal with a lot of hype surrounding one film but, at least during the last two contests, it didn't necessarily adversly effect the results.

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12