Thread: The Odd Squad

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Great vibe, cool daddy-O!

2. Collapse Details
    Jack, wcs is calling you a racist!!! Just kidding, wcs, I see where you're coming from.

I just wanted to post on here really quickly, that I was going back through my initial run on the score card, and I've only given out ONE "10" so far ... and it was to this one for the script/writing.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

3. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    ha -- but he is right though

EDIT: not that I'm a racist, lol - that there's something racially screwed up about Odd Squad.

Shed (shot week before and after Katrina) = a family evacuating and leaving a loved one behind to die (or about a loved one that must stay behind while his family evacuates)

ODD Squad = a communty changed as a result of a catastrohpic event, graspin for some stability in a flawed set of rules which is all they got and said rules happen to be racially insensitive, like much of the rules or politics of NOLA and the way various agencies handled Katrina.

In Odd Squad what they are doing is pretty screwed up they "verify that mutations are on track to remain mentally stable" then tag the OK ones with ankle braceletts and shoot those that flunk the brain scan right there in the street. Its a legitimate concern when someone who can walk through walls or can throw fire goes mad, but these people aren't necessiarly even sick yet and they are still people -- tough call.
    Last edited by Jack Daniel Stanley; 02-18-2006 at 01:23 AM.

4. Collapse Details
    I thought this movie was groovy. The scene in the warehouse where they find the coke is very CSI - which is very good in my books.

Nice job!

EJ
    Last edited by EJ Pennypacker; 02-18-2006 at 06:15 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    LOVED IT, MAN! Well, you didn't disappoint this time around either! Great actors! Great gags! Great music! Nice daylight exterior photography! Seeing this tells me you're no one-trick pony. Versatile, funny, clever, whacko. I'd just LOVE to see what each of us do with a $1 million budget. There are some talented folk around here, and you are definitely near the top of the heap!
    Sony NEX-FS100 + FMU | Kinotehnik LCDVFe | Nikkor FX primes | Cavision IRNDs | Vinten Vision 5 | Steadicam Flyer

6. Collapse Details
    Dude, I'm a big fan of zooms in movies, as they get a bad rep. You, you used them. And used them well. Groovy goody gumdrops. Rock on.
    Brian Voelkerding
    Slugline Pictures
    Editor, Director
    http://AtArms.8m.com
    brianvoelkerding@gmail.com

7. Collapse Details
    Ok packing going OK and internet cellphone connection not too bottle necked right now so try to catch up with a few of these before the GF puts me back to work ...

Quote Originally Posted by Blaine
    Really nice effort. Of course, I kinda thought the kid was an odd but that's not the point is it? It's how his partner handles the whole thing. Loved the "big easy" feel, too. I'll be going back to his one later.
    right on - its about change and a fixed view point

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by janzie
    i liked that a lot...i was expecting something special (after "shed") and got it. it΄s just the style (as hudson mentioned hip & cool) that really made it one of my favorites. the music, the setting, the blue face, the green shirts...just cool, without taking itself too seriously...and a little dramatic at the end. those are the ingredients i really enjoy

good job...and the guys from new orleans set the bar really high.

Ha thanks man -- yeah Kaz's film kicks ass!

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz
    Yeah, Jack. You think my film will kick your ass, but I beg to differ. This was one killer-cool flick. Acting was top notch and it looked fabulous. The FX were suitably cheesy and the dialogue was a real stand-out.

I'm with John. Top 5 goodness.

Wish we weren't all leaving the Big Easy, man. I really wanted to work with you.
    thanks man

yeah I was looking at your film today and wishing I had time for you to teach me how to do compositing in a moving shot -- really professional.

This was the first time I've ever done compositing at all.

10. Collapse Details
    I finally got back to this and watched it a couple of times. This is really good. Where'd you get that 70s cop show music? You had some great pictures, especially the outdoors stuff. I also loved the shot in the car. They were excellent. Perhaps you could talk a little about how you got them and if you used any special equipment.

This was a kick ass video. Dane Rhodes is a hell of an actor. I love his accent, too. The voice over worked great.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast