Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JimtheJib
    and why was he holding the brief case at the end? did he manage to catch the alien after it had ravaged the office?
    Yeah Jim, that's at least what I had in mind. We cut out all the action, and we come up on him finally clasping it shut. The first clasp is in the black and the second comes with the picture.

As far as planning goes, this is really the first time we've all gotten together and really planned out a movie. We originally had a sci fi flick planned for Kinko's Copies, but that location fell through. Then, a week before shooting was supposed to happen, we got an office. So Dan Samiljan (Owen Sheldrake) and I wrote the movie over dinner at his birthday party. I wrote up a tentative script with no dialogue. We all sat in a conference room in the first hours on site, and we wrote the shooting schedule for the next three days.

Envision (and others) you guys are right about the sound mix. That was the biggest problem we had. We only recorded with the DVX mic, because we just dont have any other way of doing things. Adam (themacb) really had this movie on his shoulders for the weeks up until upload, and he was taking criticism from all directions -- by phone, e-mail -- and every one was about sound. I think he nailed it as best as the material let him. And what about that music? That's all him.

If anyone has ever mixed perfect fake blood, PLEASE tell me how. Bruce Campbell's method I heard is nice, but very staining, and it reaaaallly hardens.

--evan

el matador films

www.elmatadorfilms.com

2. Collapse Details
    The music was good.

I made some blood (not sure about Bruce Campbell's recipe) for our DEATH MARCH short. Just Karo syrup, red dye and blue dye mixed in until you're happy with the look. For a dark, thick blood, it's tough to beat. Looks GREAT, but it does stain like crazy and hardens ... I made the mistake of letting mine sit on the concrete for HOURS ... cleaned it the next day, and that also took a few hours to clean.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

3. Collapse Details
    Yes! Man...that is the recipe we used. We just couldn't get it to be dark enough without looking purple, or red enough without looking pink...It was killin' me.

bruce campbell's book says to add non-dairy creamer, i think? I'm pretty sure the point is to take away the transparency, but it stains like crazy.

el matador films

www.elmatadorfilms.com

4. Collapse Details
    I think the trick is to add LOTS of red and quite a bit of blue as well ... in one container of Karo syrup, I used up nearly ALL of the red & blue dye. If you were to lien one direction or the other, I'd say to go with more of a purple, as it's at least darker and from a distance people won't be able to tell as well ... vs. pink/red just looks too light.
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

5. Collapse Details
    That is almost certainly it. We wanted a large batch, so simply must not have used enough color...IDIOTS. ;)

el matador films

www.elmatadorfilms.com

6. Collapse Details
    Probably kind of an Einstein thing ... guy could do quantum physics in his sleep, but rumor has it he couldn't count change.

Comparison to your team is the genius camera movements, but can't make fake blood to save your lives. j/k
    Norm Sanders

*click titles to view*

7. Collapse Details
    If I don't see this in some filmfest after the SciFest is over, I'll be very disappointed and you'll have missed a golden opportunity.

8. Collapse Details
    I loved the comedy in composition for instance when he opens his briefcase for the first time and looks to his right to see if anyone heard or saw anything. lol And the timing for your actors was great. At the same time he looked left the other guy looks over the wall. In any shot inside the cubicle areas you had movement all over. It was choreographed very well. One of my favs.
    "We live in a world of accidents finally, where only aesthetic principals have a consistency of which we can be sure."

9. Collapse Details
    awe. I was so excited that I found an instructional guide to all the smilies that everyone uses only to find that beer doesn't work. I even copied and pasted. lol
    "We live in a world of accidents finally, where only aesthetic principals have a consistency of which we can be sure."

10. Collapse Details
    I loved this movie. There isn't anything I can say that hasn't been said. This movie was great!! Keep up the good work

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast