Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    A Brief Case by TheMacB and abraham
    alright, let us have it!
    www.elmatadorfilms.com

"There's a lot to be said for making people laugh. Did you know that's all some people have? It isn't much, but it's better than nothing in this cockeyed caravan."

2. Collapse Details
    I liked this one just fine. It was a charming, solid effort all around. High points would be the music, which was really quite good, and the framing and editing, which ranged from slightly dull to very, very clever. Several sequences were splendid, especially the end. Don't know how 'sci-fi' it was though.
    Nice work, and keep shooting.
    Red 143 - Viva Jannard!
    ----------------
    http://www.atavisionfilms.com/

3. Collapse Details
    Geez guys, this was awesome. The best executed comedy I've seen so far. It was well acted and the visuals were really imaginative. It's also one of the few entries that didn't lose momentum in the ending, which is just a credit to your storytelling and directing abilities. Awesome job all around.

I guess I have to kind of echo the 'sci-fi'-ness of the piece but a Pandora's Briefcase definitely is enough to win me over. Others might not be as convinced.

Maybe, when you have a chance, you can talk a little about the production design--primarily how your approached destroying the office. It was a great shot to end the piece on.

Awesome job all around.

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

4. Collapse Details
    This movie needs some recognition. I really loved the final shot. Are you taking your frustrations on Pulp Fiction out on this movie? (The breifcase nobody knows whats inside). Also, good title.

5. Collapse Details
    EXCELLENT! I love this piece. A real treat. I REALLY wanted a look inside that briefcase. You kept me hooked all the way to the end. I thought the acting was carried off well, too. That music reminded me of something I'd see in a comedy located on the French or Italian Riviera...cool stuff. Did I say how much I like this?
    Last edited by Blaine; 02-17-2006 at 08:23 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Wow. I'm surprised there is more comments on this film. I thought it was definately one of the best. It's in my top 3 out of the twenty or so I've watched so far. I have to say it had the best pace out of all the entries I have seen. Never dragged for me at any point. Keep up the good work!

7. Collapse Details
    In my opinion this movie had NO flaws compared to other movies that people are saying were "great".

Ive seen other movies stretching even FARTHER into being called a "sci fi flick" that didnt even come CLOSE in quality to this one.

Anyways....Im suprised this movie has so little comments so far....but I must say that you have done a FANTASTIC job that SHOULD be a hell of alot more reckognised than it has been thus far.

I hope that post counts dont equal votes in the long run......And that "sci-fest" is more than just "let me pat my friend on the back".

8. Collapse Details
    This is by far my favorite sci-comedy of the bunch. You guys should be proud. The comic timing was close to perfect and there were enough little looks and gestures from the main players to keep you into it. And I agree with others who dug the music.

My one negative is somewhat insignificant as it involves the pinkness of the blood. You should darken that in post. Unless you wanted this piece to be a "lite" dark-comedy that is...

9. Collapse Details
    Easily in my top three so far (along side of 'We Are Not Alone' and 'Similo'). Although lacking in the realm of "Sci-fi", it made up for it with great camera/editing/production values! Excellent work, I really enjoyed watching this!

10. Collapse Details
    Hi Marks All Around
    Truly some of the best camera work of any entry.

Nothing overused...dollys or cranes...smooth. The camera had the weight and feel of a nice heavy 35mm like we're all used to seeing. Great Operator on this show!

It's obvious the amount of planning and care went into the preproduction.

THe Post it notes we're a great touch as well.

I enjoyed all of it!

Kip Kubin

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast