Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Tipper Vs The Red Hornet
    Smile
    Yay! My film is up!
    I hope you all liked watching it as much as I liked putting it together.
    The credits are as follows:

Cast

Tipper.....Himself
    Tipper (voice).....Chips Raferty
    Chris..... Himself
    The Red Hornet.....Henry Krinkle
    The Wife.....Marie Peze
    The Wife’s cat..... Minu
    Gen. Wilson Jr. .....Brian
    Gen. Wilson Sr. .....Brian

Camera and Lighting
    Andrew Sterling
    John Hager

CGI & other digital effects by
    Penguin Films

Picture and Sound Editing
    Johanas Hagermiester

Music

Holts Suite from “The Planets”
    Mars Bringer of War
    Jupiter The Bringer of Jolility
    Uranus The Magician
    Performed by The Bensonville/Wood Dale Concert Band
    Cunducted by
    Fred Lewis

“Into The Beyond”
    Produced by Grant Robinet and Darrel Wright

Special Thanks

Jeremy Brena
    Diane Mashburn
    Christy Hager
    Peter Phok
    Taso Zoitas
    Kraft Cheese Slices

Written and Directed by
    Me

The greenscreen sequences were shot on the regular DVX100 and composited into the 2:35 aspect ratio. CGI was done in Maya and composited in After Effects. My two dogs had a blast working on this film and look forward to their next big project.
    "We live in a world of accidents finally, where only aesthetic principals have a consistency of which we can be sure."

2. Collapse Details
    OMG....I'm LMAO! I think you've captured, what at least our group thought was the point of the contest - creativity, imagination, and originality...ya know those independent film qualities. Of course, I am a sucker for those cute doggies too. My own family is comprised of a sheltie and an aussie.

Cool man!

Looking foward to feedback on our sci-fi comedic effort.

3. Collapse Details
    Hey thanks man. I really liked yours as well. I just posted.
    "We live in a world of accidents finally, where only aesthetic principals have a consistency of which we can be sure."

4. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I thought this film was really good entertainment. I mean, the CGI was really quite good, considering the amount of it. And I love the title. I just love the title.
    I'd say that at times, this felt way too long. Particularly some of the reaction shots in the cockpit. I mean, he's only a dog. He doesn't do that much. And you probably could have milked a few more laughs out of the dogginess of the pilots. I mean, the copilot chewing the wires was cool, although I couldn't tell what it indicated. Things like that, you know?
    Great originality, very solid presentation, could have used some tightening, but what the hey. Nice work, and keep shooting.
    Red 143 - Viva Jannard!
    ----------------
    http://www.atavisionfilms.com/

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks penfever. One comment I got from people I've shown it to up here was that they want more dogs. lol There's actually an fx shotr that goes into the chase sequence but it put the running time over and had to drop it till I can post a longer version on my website after the fest. Thanks for your comments again.

6. Collapse Details
    Fun flick, dude. My three favorite parts were the quick "2001" reference, the Hornet guy turning into his Dad with 2 eye patches and Tipper's reaction shot when blowing up the Red Hornet.

The only quibble I have is I thought it could use a little dialogue during the action (between Tipper & Red Hornet), but that's it. Great work!

7. Collapse Details
    kudos, dude. Your film has the best (and most ambitious) CG that I've seen so far. Awesome job on that end. Were the dogs SAG? I wish my dog could focus long enough to be in a movie.

Seriously though, I really dug the look of the main spacecraft as the design really harked back to the old WWII style planes. Also, the letter home (just one scribbled mess) made me laugh out loud.

My one critique is that the bombastic score seemed to really undermine the action taking place on screen. It was just too over the top, creating tension through the soundtrack when there was really no visual tension to compliment the music in terms of the cutting/shots used during the dogfight. I understand making the whole space battle must have been a massive undertaking but the score used seemed to make the whole thing a tad anticlimatic--taking the focus off your awesome shots and directing it towards music.

Either way, it's one of my faves thus far. When's the sequel coming out?

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

8. Collapse Details
    Well I thought the score helped since, as I said, there was no dialogue during the action. Of course, I'm a Gustav Holst fan...

9. Collapse Details
    lol Thanks Shaun Patrick and Kaz. I totally get what you're talking about with the score. It's been a while since I saw the version I sent in for the fest. The longer version is a little better with the music. But alas. Oh well. It also played very stuttery for me. I hope you all saw it play fine. It took me 3 computers to render all that in time. Two here at my apartment in NY, and one at my sister's house in SC. I have no idea when the sequel will come out. lol I need a break I'll tell you that.

10. Collapse Details
    well the sequence needs score (there's no arguing that) but the tone of the piece chosen, I feel, detracted from the visuals.

"Lot 6a" -- Official 2009 DVXuser Monsterfest Entry

(click on picture for official thread)

Monster Fest 2009 :: Lot 6a on Facebook :: Lot 6a on Twitter

--

Hell Froze Over - Original Web Series shot with DVX100A and HV20

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast