Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I liked the camera work for this. It was really slick. I also think the ending was a total non-sequiter, but hey I liked it.

2. Collapse Details
    Cute idea. Work on your lighting and composition.

3. Collapse Details
    the ending.... why?
    Bite My Shiny Metal Ass.

4. Collapse Details
    I have absolutely no idea what to say. You set me up for one thing and the "presto chango" pulled the rug out from under me. I felt a little cheated because it was SUCH a CHANGE in theme.

That said, I LMAO at the chicken head. It put a smile on my face but, like I said I felt I'd been hit with a cheap shot.

Just my opinion and I see that a lot of others have really liked it. I'm not trying to dump on you, only letting you know WHY I reacted to it the way I did. I'm guessing you probably got the reaction you wanted from most of the viewers.

You had a couple of interesting shots: the overhead shot throught the pipes, the showy figure moving across the screen and the ECU on the actors eyes were all standouts.

5. Collapse Details
    This is the second film I watched for the festival so its hard for me to comment on it in relation to the others but I'll try. I can see how it was rushed, the editing didnt really flow, and with alot of the compositions I could see what you were going for but I dont think you quite achieved it. I'd like to see what you can come up with if you had longer to work on it because I feel like there were a lot of good elements in this. And the lighting was another place where sometimes it was good and other times not soo good, it looked like it was rushed in alot of places. As for the story, I dont think there was much too it and although it was kinda funny at the end, It wasnt really my cup of tea. And finally I really felt like we needed a more interesting color scheme...the blue in some places was cool but i would have liked to see something more moody and stylistic but thats just me

None the less, nice work and I really do want to see what you can do with more time

6. Collapse Details
    You had some really great shots in this one, I liked the overhead. You actually did take some care in the lighting. And you led me on with the build-up (great use of your music to aid this along), but wow, what an ending. Not up to par with the first part at all. I knew the ending was going this way as soon as the music changed.

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the comments, Z B Brox!

Glad you liked it EditPhish, too bad you feel it can't be top-rated. ;)

Jimmy John Worley, well hey at least you still liked the ending, heh. Thanks for watching.

conrad_johnson, thanks for watching. Got any specifics?

lookatmeimbender, why not?

Blaine, hey! Someone who liked the CU eye shots, thanks! I like those too. Sorry you feel cheated by the ending. But I love to manipulate the audience, especially with comedic consequences like that.

Nobody356. Thanks for watching! I wonder what you'd have said if I didn't mention we shot and edited in 4 days, hehe.

thartley, thanks for the comments. Well I knew the ending wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I was just hopin' for a laugh or two.

Thanks again everyone!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    thartley, thanks for the comments. Well I knew the ending wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I was just hopin' for a laugh or two.
    Oh, you got a laugh out of me. Dont get me wrong. Its just the set-up had me soooo going another way. And maybe that was your point. Play it straight until just before the very end. Anyway, good job.

9. Collapse Details
    You silly buggers!

Once they started getting down I let out a serious "LOL". There were some cool shots also like walking with the key to the door and some nice low light work.

It was a good departure for the fest, nice work!
    Finished two short documentaries in the past 2 years. Writing script for 3rd feature film for planned 2015 production.

Check out my two award-winning DVX100a feature films "Schism" and "There Are No Goodbyes"

Read the lengthy and informative "Schism" DVXUser thread here!

10. Collapse Details
    Hey Bryan.

Nice job overall. Some nice shots... the doorway, the over the head. Some really good work in there.

It was a fun twist but for me it didn't go anywhere. After the chicken head laugh, it was kind of like ok now what? Good build up to a laugh, but it just kind of died there for me.

The music was also off a lot. It didn't really marry well all the time. When it did, it worked well. When it didn't, it was very distracting for me. There also wasn't much ambient noise which would have helped build tension and suspense in places.

Nice effort! Good job!

-Robert
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    "In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy?"

Why, you ought to be committed.
    I know. My shrink says the same thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast