Thread: S i m i l o

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Astounding! I don't remember ever seeing the DVX look that good. Your work is one of my main influences on getting a G35. A great short film. Bravo.

2. Collapse Details
    Is this no longer on the server to DL? I can't see it among the list ... am I missing something, is it under a different name, what?
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

3. Collapse Details
    I think they were re-compressing it. Hope its back up again soon. I'm getting ready to head home for the day and I wanna watch it again.
    "What IS your fascination with my forbidden closet of mysteries?"

4. Collapse Details
    Since the credits are only 1 frame each and i have to thanks some people, I find the necesity of showing the credits here. Thanks to all the people that helped:

5. Collapse Details

6. Collapse Details
    Macgregor-
    I watched the Similo teaser when you posted it on cinemek a couple months back. Glad to see the final product - looks great!

7. Collapse Details
    your team did a great job. it really shows that you had a production designer and a good one at that. can you tell us a bit about the car scene and what was involved? i dont see a credit for costume/wardrobe and i thought there were some exelent choices with this.. who was responsible? also, is this a team of people you regulary work with?
    .“If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose” -C. Bukowski
    keep it moving.

8. Collapse Details
    How'd you get your hands on a g35?

9. Collapse Details
    Ok, i will try to summarize some of the contributors here.

Zacha is the "gay" friend co-director, which worked a lot in the script. It took him 9 version until we were happy.

David Loher did an amazing job designing the similo/robot. You can see his wonderfull website here:
    www.scienceunderfire.com

We have the Hebe´s voice over done by Sarah Jarman, which i don´t know her personally. She was recorded by the sound guys and directed by Mr. Kassana in London, and they did a pretty good job.

JL. Legarraga is credited as coproducer since he put the money to buy a €4,000 DLP projector used for the car scenes (and it was later refund, lol).

Original music for the film was composed by this four guys. They really gave all their help after reading a post on a forum. I couldnt have done anything without music. The problem is that we run out of time, so there is not all the music that we would have liked to have.

Cyros Hogg made by himself the complicated CGI shot of the laying man on the road. Quite a challenge.
    As i said, what you see here is not the final result, and he made a much better animation and render one day after deadline. You will be able to see it on the website once the film fest is finished.

Helena trapero helped me to find sound libraries and i finished the job editing the audio and musics.

The Cinemek team provided the G35 beta adapter.
    I used a 50mm nikon f1.8 and a nikon 24mm (only in 2 shots) since i do not have more nikon lenses.
    There is a scene that was done without the G35 because i forgot it on my car. It is easy to discover which one it is.
    Camera was on thin mode (except for those in interlaced mode), since it is better for me when going to 16:9 and SFX are created better.

If you have any other question i will be happy to try to answer them. :]
    Last edited by macgregor; 04-03-2006 at 01:11 PM.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jaustere
    Macgregor-
    I watched the Similo teaser when you posted it on cinemek a couple months back. Glad to see the final product - looks great!

huh? confused.
    Director / Writer / Editor
    "We're like comparing paint by numbers to Picaso or Van Gogh..." - Jeremy Hyler
    http://www.youtube.com/user/spyderjch
    http://www.funnyordie.com/jeremyhyler
    www.filmlifefilms.com
    twitter: @jeremyhyler

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast