Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Ava - MojoTrancer
    For what it's worth I hope you enjoyed my film. If not, that's OK too. I'm just glad I finally had something to offer the forum for good or ill.

That said, let's have it!
    "What IS your fascination with my forbidden closet of mysteries?"

2. Collapse Details
    I liked this film, especially the twist at the end. Very surreal feel to it. Kind of a long build up to the end IMO. Good job!
    Please subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL to see all of my projects.

New short film THE APPOINTMENT now available to see!

3. Collapse Details
    Yeah there are some pacing issues. and some effects were rushed. And I absolutely hate hearing my own voice. All I can think is "We're not gonna fall for a banana in our tailpipe."

Glad you liked it Briceman. I was starting to feel lonely out here.

Keep the comments and criticisms coming everyone. Be nice or be mean. I just want to hear what you think!
    Last edited by MojoTrancer; 02-16-2006 at 03:40 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Of the "A.I." films posted, I thought yours was the most interesting story-wise. I like the dark stuff. Good work!

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks, Kaz. I'm glad you liked the story. We were originally going to do a much more ambitious action-oriented piece. But with time constaints looming, we decided to scrap that idea and do a more personal piece.
    Last edited by MojoTrancer; 02-16-2006 at 04:45 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    This was dark. But really had me listening, which BTW, I really enjoyed the VO on this. Great job, and the voice of the actress was GREAT. Some tracking/keyframe issues, obviously, with the CG, but otherwise looked pretty good.

Certainly had a surreal feel to it, and was overall enjoyable ... scored well above average to say the least.
    Norm Sanders
    Director/Producer/Editor/Writer/Blah Blah Blah

*click titles to view*
    "Meat Market" - Comedy - (Completed - DVD available)
    "The Indispensable Chaucer" - Comedy - 5 min - FINALIST in DVXuser's BetrayalFest
    "Berlin" - Dramatic Period Thriller - 15 min (WINNER - Best Historical Film at Route 66 FilmFest ... nominated for BEST SCORE, BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY, BEST ART DIRECTION at AOF Fest)

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Envision
    This was dark. But really had me listening, which BTW, I really enjoyed the VO on this. Great job, and the voice of the actress was GREAT. Some tracking/keyframe issues, obviously, with the CG, but otherwise looked pretty good.

Certainly had a surreal feel to it, and was overall enjoyable ... scored well above average to say the least.
    Thank you for your critique. Bobette is a very talented actress (not to mention quite stunning IMHO). We work together often. Expect to see more of her soon.

I plan on going back and fixing the tracking issues. Here's one thing to keep in mind with the CG: Every scene you see Ava in had little silver markers all over the walls and her. It was our ill-conceived attempt to aid the tracking for an effect we didn't end up using. So my boy Trevor and I had to paint out all the markers. We missed a few in one shot of Ava if you look close. So that was a HUGE drain on our time.
    We had to make a choice between leaving the scenes raw with silly tracking markers all over or letting the other effects slide a little. You guys see the result

8. Collapse Details
    the VO was good. i agree with envision that there were a couple of tracking/keyframe issues.

i had to watch it a couple of times. my speakers were on the fritz so the first time i didnt hear a lot of the VO. then i got it to work. so yeah there's my little snipit of a review

9. Collapse Details
    Wow, I thought the VO was the weakest part. But it seems you guys are digging that most of all. Once again, it might just be me hating my own voice. I guess I should get over it.

10. Collapse Details
    Yeah, I'm in total agreement with the quality of the voicework. I like the idea, too, and I didn't have issues with the pacing as some others did. I like slow-burn kinda stuff myself. Obviously the CG was a little off, but when it was on target it looked really good. It's a small, personal piece, it doesn't jump out with how awesome it is, but I felt engaged by it. Nice work.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast