Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I am very happy for some people like it. Thanks again.

2. Collapse Details
    CGI Shmeege-I. That's what I have to say. I got what your film was saying, and I liked it. As far as the roughness of some of the CG stuff, so what, this film was not about looking all pretty and dazzling us with your special effects, it was about making you think. And that it did. I really liked your concept for this project, and I thought the feel that you achieved was very appropriate for what you were going for. I could totally imagine myself as a young student on some alien world, watching this in some class on alien cultures.

I also really respect and admire that you were not willing to push your boundaries to make the film that you wanted to make. Nice job.

3. Collapse Details
    thanks
    Thanks Capitain kickass!

4. Collapse Details
    Hmm, I have some trouble with films that have a message or an argument sometimes, because I want to debate them rather than just view them on their merits. ;) But trying to keep that aside for the moment, I liked how different the narrative technique here was, and I like that you do attempt to deal with big issues. I agree that it really is more of a CGI movie than a live-action piece, though, and I think you could have done a lot more with it in that regard. Also, while you make it clear what the position of the narrator is, you don't develop her argument at all. She comes off as extremist rather than sympathetic because we don't see or hear enough to support her decision. Which brings me back to my first point again, so I'll stop here. ;)

5. Collapse Details
    Hey Fabio,

Nice job on the film.

It wasn't my cup of tea mostly because there really wasn't terribly much happening story wise. Nothing felt plot driven. There were no characters. Too much animation and CG and too little human interaction.

For what it is, I think you did a good job with it. Like I said, it just isn't my kind of movie.

Keep up the good work!

-Robert
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
    "In a world full of people, only some want to fly... isn't that crazy?"

Why, you ought to be committed.
    I know. My shrink says the same thing.

6. Collapse Details
    Fabio,

Loved the non-english short. Reminded me alot of the opening scene in Tarkofsky's Miror.

It seemed to me that your short played to your weeknesses rather thank your strengths.

Story - Strong
    CGI/Camera Work - Weak

Your CGI was basic. That's not a problem if you intoduce it as a model to get your point across rather I felt like I was watching a movie of what it really looks like in space so the basic 3d modeling hit me funny. A simple graphic "NASA SIMULATION" at the top would have made the CGI perfect for the movie you made rather than sup par visuals of space.

In my opinion if you would have told your story using more shots of the woman and introducing her earlier. Using more angles. You went to a tighter shot at the end so the video was obviously edited so why not different angles? Why not follow her around the room as she talks. All just suggestions. You still could wait until 3:35 in to make your point about watching the video.

Great acting on her part.

Liked your concept more than most.

Kip Kubin

7. Collapse Details
    It was my first fest and my first sci-fi movie and I can tell you all I've learned a lot from all the comments here. This is a very good community where people help each other in order to improve we all. I am learning a lot !!!!

8. Collapse Details
    Still Alive Mod Jack Daniel Stanley's Avatar
    Hey I enjoyed this and teh CGI was not a barrier for me -- I think becaue the initial cylinder thing, hole, and cube were so representitive, rather than realistic looking that I just saw them as visual aids in the stpry telling -- way better than I could do anyway.

The V.O. and pacing were kind of hypnotic in a cool wat and I love the idea that there might be a secret message or code that someone slipped into the probe.

9. Collapse Details
    secret massage
    Quote Originally Posted by jdanstan
    Hey I enjoyed this and teh CGI was not a barrier for me -- I think becaue the initial cylinder thing, hole, and cube were so representitive, rather than realistic looking that I just saw them as visual aids in the stpry telling -- way better than I could do anyway.

The V.O. and pacing were kind of hypnotic in a cool wat and I love the idea that there might be a secret message or code that someone slipped into the probe.

That would be something interesting if they had placed a hidden massage into the probe, wouldn't it? Thanks jdanstan

10. Collapse Details
    From what I can work out, she was saying that humans should never have existed. But I did get a bit confused.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast