Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    damn fine job edweirdo! I need to get off my butt and build one...thanks for the effort and congrads on an excellent DIY project!
    RED One - # 365!
    RED 300mm - #113
    RED Zoom - #220

2. Collapse Details
    Stunning results. I just might have to pursue this !

3. Collapse Details
    The results are are amazing!

I keep reading posts about the Nikon D, the Beattie GG's, and people have bad or good results with them. From the looks of your GG I have to say it is the best work I have seen to date. No abberration that I could detect; no grain, I tried very hard to see if I could see any; no wierd swirls that people report, etc.

The fact that you sandwiched the GG is perhaps the secret to your images. Godd job!
    Rene Hinojosa

4. Collapse Details
    I have to agree awesome!
    So I have my parts list together and I have collected all but the FD Mount.
    My questions is where did you find it? or can I release some carnage on something like this I have also found this
    Since this is the last part I have yet to order, any leads would be great!
    ____
    Mick

5. Collapse Details
    ED,

I too have spent countless hours trying to build the perfect static adapter. And lots of money too. But, with mine, I only got close to completing it. I ordered a 1500 grit GG so I would have what I needed. It was looking pretty good until I superglued it in place. I got some of the super glue on the glass. i tried to clean it off with acetone, and it looked good with the naked eye. But, whenever I use the stupid thing, it shows lint and other stuff moving as I pan. I have since gotten rid of my professional cameras and only have a 37mm single chip camera now. :-(

I think that you did an EXCELLENT job on that adapter and I would be proud to have one like that. I am almost tempted to try for another GG. That is all that I need. But, the distance has to be EXACTLY the right distance and I am getting tired of eyeballing it and trying to glue it permanent. There must be SOME way to make an adjustable item so you do'nt have to have it right the first time. It should be forgiving so and ole guy like me could readjust in case it was not perfect the first time.

Anyway, All I want to say is I Salute you. You did a GREAT Job!! The footage looks very promising.
    :-)

6. Collapse Details
    ED,

I forgot to mention the most important thing. When I owned a DVX-100A and a G35 and a Micro35, I got my camera to flip upside down with the magnet trick. I am sure that you know what I mean. But, it was like learning to shoot all over, because everything was backwards also. Well, after I got rid of my G-35 and DVX, I found out that THERE IS A SETTING ON THE DVX-100A that allows you to MIRROR the image so that it looks fine when you are shooting and EVERYTHING IS NOT BACKWARDS. I got rid of the manual, so I don't know how to tell you to adjust this, but it is something in the setting like turn off mirroring. or something like that. You will be VERY happy once you find this setting and change it.

I hope that I have helped.

7. Collapse Details
    My biggest problem has always been adjusting the unit once I have it built. How did you go about that? And anyone else that has had experience could you elaborate (Not to brief, please) on the technique that you all used.

8. Collapse Details
    Ed,

I have to say this, sorry! It looks like Jesus is giving you a "Thumbs Up!" in your picture. ha!ha! Praise God!

9. Collapse Details
    Idvfilms: I took my mount from a trashed Canon T70 here at work. You best bet is to try something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-FD-mount-2...QQcmdZViewItem

Then remove the mount via the 4 screws. Toss the rest! Or if you don’t win one of those try searching for “canon parts cameras” on ebay. Some good deals there on cams that are no good, but many will throw in the stock 50mm lens that came with it.

If that doesn’t work, try the yellow pages. Yes they still exhist! Look up “camera stores” – not MustBuy or CircuitShiddy!! The mom and pop operations, they have lots of parts and junk cameras.

Moviemakersclub: yes its Buddy Christ from my bosses desk. Hes a Kevin Smith nut, and I hated Dogma (that’s another thread). Yep it’s a pain when figuring out the focal distance to attain infinity (I went through a lot of PVC to get that) but for me it was like Paul Riser was standing over my shoulder “get back on the horse” he said. So I kept trying.

Thanks for the mirror trick, I will search my settings! Adjusting the unit is cumbersome, but I have developed a method (it takes time though) that allows you to rotate the GG housing just right and then screw the FD mount over it. Its def a trail and error type thing but I just refused to give up, I can afford an M2 or Letus easy, and those are awesome adapters, but I needed the pride of knowing I made it myself.

10. Collapse Details
    Go ED!!!
    Thanks for the Reply. Well, you certainly did a Good Job!

(Pat on the back . . .)

Page 3 of 140 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast