Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: www.videoawards.com Is this for REAL?
    Am tempted to send my worst work to see if I win. Or even let my wife play around with the video cam send it in and see if I win. That would let me know if it is a joke or not. :P :P

2. Collapse Details
    What keeps them from giving awards to everybody?

I still don't like the idea of paying for an award. Entry fees are OK. That is how they pay for the prize and thier time.

You have just won a new car!!! We now just need $35,000 to pay the taxes and fees.

Uh... I'll Pass. They are making a fortune off the entry fees alone. :

Sigh... I guess I will never win a Telly.

My image of the Telly has now been shattered. Someone will tell me "I've won a Telly!" and I will think, "damn... you paid that much for an award!" ;D

The strange ways of the world.....

3. Collapse Details
    All I can say [IMHO] is other then the 3 dollar web site, there seems to be more winners in 2004 then the Oscars. I think every entry wins so they can sell the prize. That or they get 1000's of entries a year [which would justify a better website!] Again - IMO
    [/COLOR] ~ I can't change who I am - Don't ask ~

4. Collapse Details
    There was a guy in town who won one of these... I almost submitted last year just to see if anyone can win. Also, it's a nice little nothing that you can add to your site to impress clients -- they don't know one award from another, they'll just think, hey this guy won an award, he must be special...

There were two of these types of awards I contacted last year, actually, and one of them (I can't remember if it was videowards.com) kept calling me and leaving messages, telling me that they would extend their deadline for me. Seemed like a desperate plea for money to me...

5. Collapse Details
    Okay, I'll bite... I'll send the DVX DVD out to just about every awards contest I can find with a deadline in March, and let you know how it turns out... ;D

6. Collapse Details
    You da Man! ;D ;D ;D

Let us know what happens!

7. Collapse Details
    Okay, I've entered five so far -- VideoAwards, Aurora, Omni, Telly, and Accolade. Aegis looks like it's defunct or something, and I already have three CINDY's, so no need to get more of those. I've already got a Telly, but like I said before the Telly is legit and cool, so if I were to get another one of those, that'd be cool.

CINE was too darn expensive, and I've already got a Summit, no need for another.

Any others out there you guys have found? Trying to keep the entry fee below $60 or so, as this is adding up *rather quickly*!

8. Collapse Details
    Resurrected from 2005 Zombiefest! i don't think I was even a member yet...

Barry, what did you discover from applying to those awards? I'd be interested in the results. Anyone else has something to offer from their experiences with these kinds of awards?

I too have done the Telly's. I've also entered the Aegis, Communicator, W3, and Davey. I have won at least one of each except for the Davey. I'm interested in learning of other places to submit than the ones you listed. If anyone knows of some, tell me about them!

I'd really love to enter to win a local emmy, but everything I read in the entry packet seems to be geared towards news programming pieces... I'm doing mostly promotional videos.
    Blogger for fstoppers.com
    KY by way of MI and Southwest CO
    wilkinsonvisual.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12