1. Collapse Details
    "Reduce Flicker Effect"
    Barry's book mentions that shooting with the DVX in THIN detail is sometimes preferable because you get higher resolution and you can always remove/compensate for resulting interlace flicker by applying a "reduce flicker effect" or a "mild gaussian blur on the vertical axis." Is there a way to do this with Avid Xpress (without buying additional plug-ins that is)?

Thanks!

2. Collapse Details
    Well, I didn't get any answers to this post...but in my research over the past week, I did find some answers, and thought I'd share them for anyone else interested in the issue I refer to above.

The "mild gaussian blur" is something achievable with a .avx plug-in which Digital Film Tools made available for free called "DFT Film Blur" (and which I believe is now incorporated into some of Digital Film Tools' suites, though the free version of the Film Blur plug-in still floats around the Internet).

3. Collapse Details
    You can download a free DFT plug in called Fast Blur, but you have to download the whole package of trial plug ins with it.

4. Collapse Details
    I stand corrected
    Thank you. The plug-in that can be used to reduce interlace flicker is called "Fast Blur" (not "Film Blur" as I mentioned above). Thanks for the correction!

Cheers.