Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Collapse Details
    Music video tint with green screen?
    #1
    Default
    Hello, I was hired to produce a music video. How do you think I can arrive at a similar result with set?
    AB3D17A7-5C28-494D-8B84-990E996F2C24.jpgAB3D17A7-5C28-494D-8B84-990E996F2C24.jpg

    Do you think that one green screen is enough? Or do I need something edgy to produce a similar result?


    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    9,416
    Default
    Although you did say similar, I'm not sure if there is any way you can even produce a similar result to the distinct look a cyclorama studio (or similar to the above) provides.

    If the production is outside you might be able to combine some sort of matter to create a background and cheat it a bit.


    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    #3
    Senior Member ahalpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,494
    Default
    How much camera movement is involved? Camera movement will complicate the use of green screen and you'll need to use tracking markers on the screen.

    But if you have the actor in a full-length green screen going beneath their feet and you light it well, you could key out the background and put her right into that shot you show above. You could have them stand on a reflective surface and probably get the feet reflection in real life if you don't want to fake it in post.

    But you'll still want to light them as if they were surrounded by a pink cyc and you'd need to light the green screen carefully to pull a good key. And matching the camera height if you wanted an exact match on that shot would be important. All the details of the execution matter and it's hard to get as good a shot as can be achieved with the real background.

    But re: how many green screens you need - only enough to encompass the actor and objects you film in real life.


    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    #4
    Senior Member Peter C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    519
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilasfx View Post
    Hello, I was hired to produce a music video. How do you think I can arrive at a similar result with set?
    Do you think that one green screen is enough? Or do I need something edgy to produce a similar result?
    The image you posted doesn't appear to be a green screen. If you want a pink room it would be easier just to create one.
    Green screening isn't easy. You'll need a large room properly lighting. Green screening full body including the feet is hard.
    Last edited by Peter C.; 03-05-2021 at 10:12 AM.


    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    #5
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    How much camera movement is involved? Camera movement will complicate the use of green screen and you'll need to use tracking markers on the screen.

    But if you have the actor in a full-length green screen going beneath their feet and you light it well, you could key out the background and put her right into that shot you show above. You could have them stand on a reflective surface and probably get the feet reflection in real life if you don't want to fake it in post.

    But you'll still want to light them as if they were surrounded by a pink cyc and you'd need to light the green screen carefully to pull a good key. And matching the camera height if you wanted an exact match on that shot would be important. All the details of the execution matter and it's hard to get as good a shot as can be achieved with the real background.

    But re: how many green screens you need - only enough to encompass the actor and objects you film in real life.
    Thanks! I’m going to shoot only with 2 camera point of view. One full body and one close up of the face. Do you think I can take and extract the background of that video and photoshopping it? What about corners?


    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    #6
    Senior Member ahalpert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,494
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquilasfx View Post
    Thanks! I’m going to shoot only with 2 camera point of view. One full body and one close up of the face. Do you think I can take and extract the background of that video and photoshopping it? What about corners?
    What do you mean what about corners? The video you are copying is a flat image, so corners are irrelevant.

    It would be easy to extract the background of that video if there were a section where the actress was not in the shot. Or if the actress moves enough that you can piece together the full background from multiple frames. Or else you can recreate the gradient on the wall behind her using photoshop.

    Here's a quick mock-up that's obviously a very rough treatment of the back wall that I did in final cut pro in 5 minutes using the still image in your post and this green screen clip from youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkZY2dXPVZo



    I don't think the corners are a problem. But I erased the actress from the background by stretching an empty part of the floor and wall over her, and as you can see, the gradient on the wall looks screwed up. You would have to do a better job on that using one of the ways I mentioned above. But I don't see how the corners are an issue.


    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    #7
    Senior Member Peter C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    519
    Default
    When I read his original post I thought he wanted to setup up a shoot like the image but think he just wants to superimpose the subject on top of that exact image he posted.


    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    #8
    Senior Member paulears's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lowestoft - UK
    Posts
    1,888
    Default
    You could crop her out and then even a small green screen would work to put somebody in the picture. You could then distort the image in photoshop to make the perspective fit for the second camera position?


    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •