1. Collapse Details
    C300mkiii: sliders?
    Hi all

Curious what you guys are using for sliders these days? I hardly use mine, Iíve got an older Cinevate 24Ē, but I needed it for a small gig today and it was horrible. Too small, wobbly,
    Etc. It was passable in my c100 days but itís way out of its depth now.

Iím not ready to invest in a full blown Dana dolly setup, Iím curious what might be a reasonable notch down from that? Maybe closer to 36Ē width.

Thanks guys!

2. Collapse Details
    *This isn't really a budget option*

I have a MYT Works Large 4' slider. Bought it years ago when everyone wanted to use a slider for everything and I wanted something quick and easy(it's all self contained), but still high quality. I honestly didn't use it that much, but you honestly have to have something just in-case. I broke it towards the end of '19 packing up on a shoot. It fell on a concrete floor from ~3'-4' landing on the carriage and it jammed it into the track and it was going to be like 2/3 the cost of a new one to repair it. I debated not replacing it since I didn't use is that much, but as I said, you pretty much HAVE to have some type of slider. So I started looking around at what else was out there since it had been probably at least six or seven years since I had bought the MYT Works, but the more I looked around at "the usual suspects", the more I kept coming back to it. And in the end I ended up replacing the MYT Works with the exact same (newer version) model. Luckily they gave me a trade-in on my old one. 15% off, if I'm not mistaken.

I've used it with my C300, F55 and P2 VariCam. It has a 150lb capacity, so you have room to grow, for sure. You can get the Large, like I have, in 3', 4', 5' or 6' lengths. The Medium is obviously smaller and with less payload capacity, but the available lengths are the same.

https://www.mytworks.com/camera-slid...-9d172d12-caf9
    https://www.mytworks.com/product/camera-slider/
    100mmLargeSlider-scaled.jpg
    Last edited by Run&Gun; 03-02-2021 at 02:23 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    I have the older one - 4 feet long. It is very smooth but difficult to take for smaller corporate shoots. So it doesn't get used much. I want something small and good, but haven't got something which can handle C300 range of cameras without any vibrations.

4. Collapse Details
    I have used a Kessler Cineslider with Parallax and Second Shooter slider motor for a long time. I use it on interviews, timelapse, and product shots all of the time. It can carry the weight of a Canon Cinema Camera on a single tripod without much issue. I do tend to try to take the monitor and audio off of the camera to keep it a bit stable. The Parallax attachment is much more useful for my work than a motorized head. Also, the flywheel attachment is key and lets you do very smooth hand controlled slider shots for products. I also have a Dana Dolly, track dolly, jibs, and smaller sliders, but the Cineslider has been my bread and butter for years.

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpreston View Post
    I have used a Kessler Cineslider with Parallax and Second Shooter slider motor for a long time. I use it on interviews, timelapse, and product shots all of the time. It can carry the weight of a Canon Cinema Camera on a single tripod without much issue. I do tend to try to take the monitor and audio off of the camera to keep it a bit stable. The Parallax attachment is much more useful for my work than a motorized head. Also, the flywheel attachment is key and lets you do very smooth hand controlled slider shots for products. I also have a Dana Dolly, track dolly, jibs, and smaller sliders, but the Cineslider has been my bread and butter for years.
    That’s one thing I’ve wanted for a long(long) time on the MYTWorks, is some type of easy flywheel/dampener attachment to make the super slow moves in real-time easier. One awesome thing that they did add that makes life easier, though, is a magnetic end-stop dampening system. It’s almost impossible to hit the end stops with a hard landing, now.