Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I doubt I have ever worked for someone who would a) know about or b) care about or c) ever visit this place.

But being responsible for what you say is something I'm quite on board with.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

My reel

Website
    Instagram
    Linkedin

2. Collapse Details
    Lots of words, Ben. Zero sense.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by combatentropy View Post
    Huh? Isn't Ben just saying clients don't care about dvxuser? Now, I'm not sure that will always be true if someone says something really bad on here. And Brawley before he got canceled mentioned that he gets vetted for being an internet troll before he gets hired on big shows, so I bet if he cyber bullied someone here, it could cost him work.

Anyway - Ben mentioned that he soured on the forum years ago on account of negative commentary. Maybe there's a more positive way to disagree with him or ask him what he means? Let's keep the family growing

4. Collapse Details
    I don't think it matters if clients care about or even know that DVXUser exists. My point was across the board, that if someone makes a post in their real name on a public message board on the internet and someone is tasked with "vetting" someone, in part, by searching the internet for them, then their posts are probably going to turn up. Now, of course WHAT they turn up is entirely dependent upon what that individual posts(unless they find the wrong person).

5. Collapse Details
    NoFilmSchool went "real name" about six years ago and promptly died. It used to have comment sections per article three pages long. Now - and I disclose that I have only scrolled it this time - there are articles with zero comments.

Red User is a real name site - where Run & Gun and several other DVXUser posters also participate - but it's a much higher end gear board. And the discussions are quite stifling. The Red management, obviously, wanted real names because it's their product but I rarely even lurk there.

And I have a lot of respect for some of their frequent posters with a long line of actual credits. But it's still no fun.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by combatentropy View Post
    No idea what this means.

I use my real name here, on Reduser and on just about every forum I can.

One of the best ways to not get found out saying trollish things when being vetted for work is to not say trollish things in the first place.

Just my opinion but I am really not into protecting people's anonymity just so they can behave badly online with impunity.

NoFilmSchool is a content aggregator that had a short moment in the sun and shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence as here.

Reduser is a place where you can talk in much more depth but you have to remember the slightly fanatical undertones if discussion veers towards any other camera system. That said people there genuinely helped me advance my craft.

My reel

Website
    Instagram
    Linkedin

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Scott View Post
    ... NoFilmSchool is a content aggregator that had a short moment in the sun and shouldn't really be mentioned in the same sentence as here.
    NFS has solely original content and quite a bit of it too. Its comments section was a big wild - one could actually comment using the existing poster's name - but it was lots of fun. Ryan then decided that it was too much fun and that he wanted a "real name" comment section, listing all the reasons you had. And it was an epic disaster.

8. Collapse Details
    I'm not going to waste breath listing why I have so little regard for NFS but if this place was anything like it I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Just chiming in with my thoughts. Not expecting everyone to either agree with them or enact them. In the end I don't what the people want this place to be. I just know what would great for me.

I'd also take a place with 20 experienced professionals over a place with 20,000 people who talk a big game.

My reel

Website
    Instagram
    Linkedin

9. Collapse Details
    Also what happened to John Brawley?
    Last edited by Ben Scott; 03-03-2021 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Autocorrect

My reel

Website
    Instagram
    Linkedin

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DLD View Post
    NFS has solely original content and quite a bit of it too. Its comments section was a big wild - one could actually comment using the existing poster's name - but it was lots of fun. Ryan then decided that it was too much fun and that he wanted a "real name" comment section, listing all the reasons you had. And it was an epic disaster.
    LOL NoFilmScool steal content from other creators on a daily basis and I’m happy to say so using my real name.
    "There is nothing permanent except change."
    Heraclitus

www.liamhall.net
    TWITTER: @WordsbyLiam
    INSTAGRAM: @picsbyliam

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast