Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    As I like my FX6 nude that's just to much to me but I'm glad it works for you.

2. Collapse Details
    Got hold of an IDX SU-98 and it powers the camera up and seems to run down in the batt life indicator. Sticks out about 5cm past the back of the camera so pleased I still have some BP-U 30s for now when I need tiny cam.

Now waiting on a charger for it because Sony love to screw with us.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

My reel

Website
    Instagram
    Linkedin

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Scott View Post
    Super cool. Would be great to be able to use thumbscrews for easy breakdown as the handle with no mount fits perfectly in my case!
    Here you go. After a few design attempts and a bunch of test prints.... I've created a thumb screw adapter for the FX6 that will hold Rycote Lyre Mic Mounts.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4784464

RH1.jpg

RH2.jpg

RH3.jpg

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Wow that is amazing. Well done!

My reel

Website
    Instagram
    Linkedin

5. Collapse Details
    For those of us wondering about the safety of 3rd party batteries Alister has provided an update to his original post on his blog: http://www.xdcam-user.com/2021/03/3r...orders-update/

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jmone View Post
    Here you go. After a few design attempts and a bunch of test prints.... I've created a thumb screw adapter for the FX6 that will hold Rycote Lyre Mic Mounts.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4784464

RH1.jpg

RH2.jpg

RH3.jpg
    Nice! How can I get these AKA quanto ? I tried something similar, also for the Lyre, using Smallrig's low profile Nato rail, but because the two screws are so thin I did not trust it. This looks very lightweight, I'd trust it.
    Last edited by broughtonfilm; 03-05-2021 at 09:50 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    The designs are posted on Thingiverse and any one with a 3d Printer will be able to download and print them for you (including those companies that offer it as a paid service). The material cost is well under US$1, but I don't know what they would charge. I could mail you a set but as I'm in Australia it would be quicker to get someone locally to print it.

I did test prints with some different types of materials, but for me ePA/CF (Carbon Fibre reinforced Nylon) is the material of choice as it is very very tough, prints with good tolerances, is light and (most importantly) the grey industrial finish matches the FX6 nicely. ePA/CF can be hard to get (and is relatively expensive). You could use pretty well any other filament type, but if you can't get ePA/CF I'd suggest PETG over PLA. Then again, it is so cheap to print a new part you could have a heap of spares if needed (and in all sorts of colours!).

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jmone View Post
    The designs are posted on Thingiverse and any one with a 3d Printer will be able to download and print them for you (including those companies that offer it as a paid service). The material cost is well under US$1, but I don't know what they would charge. I could mail you a set but as I'm in Australia it would be quicker to get someone locally to print it.

I did test prints with some different types of materials, but for me ePA/CF (Carbon Fibre reinforced Nylon) is the material of choice as it is very very tough, prints with good tolerances, is light and (most importantly) the grey industrial finish matches the FX6 nicely. ePA/CF can be hard to get (and is relatively expensive). You could use pretty well any other filament type, but if you can't get ePA/CF I'd suggest PETG over PLA. Then again, it is so cheap to print a new part you could have a heap of spares if needed (and in all sorts of colours!).
    Thanks. I did not notice the link. I checked couple of 3D printing places but they all have a minimum order requirement of around $100 (the part itself comes up to around $10).
    Last edited by broughtonfilm; 03-05-2021 at 09:19 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    In the UK I found a place that would do a one-off for 15 which seems pretty good.

My reel

Website
    Instagram
    Linkedin

10. Collapse Details
    I'm happy to run off a batch and ship them if you want..... but from what I can see postage alone will cost
    - US: A$24 (10-18 business days), A$36 (7-12 days) to the US
    - UK: A$26.40 (13-25 days), A$41.40 (9-18 days) to the UK....
    - About A$100 for 2-3 Day courier.

Outrageous for a sub $0.50 part! At least you would get ePA/CF and a bunch of spares! Or I could send a bunch to the the UK / US and let you guys then distribute locally as the shipping would be the same for 1 or as many as I can stuff into a "Small satchel - 22 x 35.3cm - Up to 500g". Let me know if you are interested.

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast