1. Collapse Details
    New Cinematography Podcast
    Hey gang,

I'm not one for self-promotion but this isn't really about me, it's about the cinematographers I interview. ProVideo Coalition (a website I write for) has agreed to distribute my interviews with working cinematographers, and so far the discussions have been really educational! The podcast is called Frame & Reference and you can find it on any of your favorite apps like Apple/Google/Spotify as well as YouTube (a list of links can be found here). I also post transcripts with (hopefully) BTS photos and lighting diagrams on ProVideo, although not every interview has been applicable for that, such as documentaries. Those also take a bit more work due to the whole "transcript" thing, haha

Episode 1 was with FATMAN DP Johnny Derango, Ep2 with Josh Richards of Nomadland, Ep3 was Tobias Schliessler of Ma Rainey's Black Bottom, Ep4 we had Andy Strahorn, DP of 9-1-1: Lone Star, and this week was Director/DP Maisie Crow, who kicked off the Sundance series. She made At the Ready. Next week is Son of Monarchs Cinematographer Alejandro Mejía (such a beautifully shot film) and we've got 10 more after that already in the can. There's also a HUGE one coming up that I don't wanna jinx because we haven't secured it yet but it's one of the larger Netflix films, really stylized, if you wanna guess.

Anyway, check it out and give it a subscribe if you dig it and if you're a working DP and wanna be on, feel free to shoot me a message because I hope to keep it going for a long time!

There's also a Twitter and Instagram for Frame & Reference if you like to be kept informed that way.

Hope y'all find it as informative and entertaining as I have!
    KENNY McMILLAN
    www.owlbot.co
    @_owlbot

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Far out. Thanks for sharing

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Ace will check out tomorrow.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

My reel

Website
    Instagram
    Linkedin