Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nathankw View Post
    Good question. I should have made a note of which unit it was that had the glitch before.

I think it was the same one but can't be 100% sure.
    I would definitely suggest labelling the units and keeping an eye (ear?) on them moving forward.
    It can help you sort out whether it is a one-off issue or a problem with the model overall.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by nathankw View Post
    So I was using my units yesterday - with the new firmware - and have run into an odd and somewhat concerning problem

On one of the units I'm getting a frequent faint but noticeable click.

You can hear it on this clip here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pl9...ew?usp=sharing

It's particularly noticeable when it's quiet (eg the other person is speaking).

It only happened on one unit but happened repeatedly through the day, and seemed to happen whether I used a plug in lav or the built-in mic.
    It's never happened before and when I tested it again today it didn't seem to happen.

Zooming into the wave form it seems to be an incredibly brief click - as if a single byte was going wrong.

Anyone else experienced anything like this?
    Nathan,

I used the units (latest update installed) for a couple of hours over the weekend and neither TX had the issue you described. If your problem persists I would exchange your system if it's still within the return period or contact Rode support...

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwback View Post
    Yet another firmware update (with usual odd numbering: now 1.6.0), this time with a video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuewOlvecg

The standalone recording doesn't seem hugely appealing to me (why not monitor if you can: clothes noise is such an issue with lavs), but the pad is of use. Not sure what level of pad it is though: nothing in the video and still no firmware info. But good that Rode are increasing the functionality, and, indeed, they promise more.

Cheers,

Roland
    Just to add that I have heard back from Rode and the new pad is quite subtle, reducing the TX input sensitivity by 4dB.

Cheers,

Roland

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425