Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rode Wireless Go II
    Just pre-ordered: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...act.html/specs

I'm a little confused whether or not it records 32 bit: "Via the app, each transmitter provides an onboard audio recorder offering up to seven hours of uncompressed recording (24-bit / 48 kHz WAV) or 24 hours of compressed recording, perfect for worry-free backup recording or a fast and easy way to capture sound from your subjects. Export files in various formats such as MP3 or WAV (16-, 24-, or 32-bit float) with date and time stamp information as well as automatic markers anywhere the transmitter-receiver link was broken."

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    It's probably some weasel phrasing. To me, it reads that it does not record in 32-bit float, but you could export it(after ingesting it somewhere) in any format you like. Kinda like a camera company who's camera shoots in HD, but saying you can "export it in 4K, 6K, 8K or 12K"(after you import it into an NLE and uprez it and output it at whatever rez you want). As hot as 32-bit float is right now, it seems like if it could really record that natively, it would be MUCH more clear and obvious.

Also, highly doubtful that it will record and transmit simultaneously on the US models due to Zaxcom's patent. But who knows, maybe Rode has the balls and the money to slug it out with Zaxcom in court. If they prevail/overturn the patent, it's only a good thing for us...

3. Collapse Details
    I interpret as it records 24bit but allows export as 32bit as an option but I can’t conceive of a benefit to doing that.

I’m curious how they got around Zaxcom patent of recording while transmitting.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    Hm, didn't think about that. That's a big minus if the US version doesn't record while it transmits :/

5. Collapse Details
    I got what the original Wireless GO was all about, and I knew I was categorically not the target audience for it. But this new release actually intrigues me.

Though, they tout backup recording to transmitters via internal memory... I can’t imagine Zaxcom is going to let that happen.
    Knoxville-based location sound mixer.

Instagram @sonolocus

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex H. View Post
    I got what the original Wireless GO was all about, and I knew I was categorically not the target audience for it. But this new release actually intrigues me.

Though, they tout backup recording to transmitters via internal memory... I can’t imagine Zaxcom is going to let that happen.
    I think for run n' gun solo work these units may fit the bill. I'm hoping for truly increased RF interference protection... As for Zaxcom, let's hope Rode (and their deeper pockets) put an end to this overreaching patent...

7. Collapse Details
    Just spoke to Rode tech support. He confirmed that it doesn't record 32 bit but the US units do transmit and record. Let's hope he's right...

8. Collapse Details
    Rode Wireless GO II
    PLEASE REDIRECT HERE: http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread...Wireless-Go-II

https://www.newsshooter.com/2021/02/...ireless-go-ii/

Newly updated. Only $300 for a 2 person kit without lav mics.

I was a bit out of the loop... why choose the much more expensive Sennheiser AVX kit over this? Are these reliable? I’ve been wanting to add wireless kit to my set, and at this price point maybe it’s worth foregoing sennheiser?
    Last edited by filmguy123; 02-23-2021 at 02:29 PM.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex H. View Post
    Though, they tout backup recording to transmitters via internal memory... I canít imagine Zaxcom is going to let that happen.
    Maybe the recording feature will not be available in the US like the Lectro recording Tx. Though I see it will soon be available from B&H in NYC (part of the USA.. or at least it used to be).
    The 600 Ft range is intriguing as well.

10. Collapse Details
    I just pre-ordered one of these. Just verified with Rode tech support that the US version DOES transmit AND record. I hope he's right (or I get my unit before they can deactivate it LOL)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast