Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I nominate Dan(Puredrifting).

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    And I was on a 1WD vehicle... but it was in August, I saw very little ice, and there weren't many roads at all, it was a mostly off-road adventure. It was gorgeous and quite fun, right up until it all went straight to hell. But yeah, Montana was epic. It was pretty much all epic, I fell in love with northern New Mexico, all of Colorado was glorious, and the only somewhat disappointing region was southern Wyoming; once I hit the Tetons it was magnificent from there on.

Thanks. It's coming along. Bones are healed, I'm just plagued with perpetual chronic pain that keeps me from doing pretty much anything, so ... looking into surgical repair to sort it out.
    Seems like a lot of incidents occur either at the start or close to the end of a trip .... imagine that on another day you would have successfully made the descent. Big bikes can be a bit overwhelming when physics is against you ... guess that is why most enduro ... dirt bikes are 400cc or less.

I have a good friend who was ... now retired .... as most of my colleagues are at this point ... a great neurosurgeon. His comment ... which he oft repeated ... was that surgery does not take pain away ... just changes the nature of it. Unstable bones need repair .... as do fragments that are impinging on the spinal cord. However most bone pain from fractured vertebral bodies can take up to a couple of years to abate .... not good news. Vertebral cage implants are fairly new and the long term outcomes are unknown ....

If there is a great pain clinic near you ... physiotherapy, epidural injections and TENS may afford some relief. Implantable stimulators can work but carry great risk of movement, dislodging and infection so they should be a last resort.

The real difficulty is that the spine is involved in any movement and support without movement so that it is constantly stressed; makes it hard to find a comfortable position for any length of time.

Hope you find relief ... pain added to the stresses of the past 12 months would be tough.

Rocket III looks awesome ...

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMissend...h?query=rocket

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Triumph is OK but this is a real gem, old glory:
    bmw.JPG

Sold it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

4. Collapse Details
    How much does the moderator position pay? I should note that I go by day rates (up to 10 hours) so if I only put in a minute of moderating work in a day I would still be charging for a full day of work. I also don't work for labor only so you'll be getting a lot of nice video equipment to go with the moderating.

Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    Seconded.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

5. Collapse Details
    I'm just a few hours from Butte, this part of the state is no joke. Heal well!

Independent Filmmaker
    BMD URSA Mini 4K/Avid Media Composer/NukeX/Blender/Mixcraft/ProTools/Resolve Studio

Feature Films
    Wulf - 2008 | Leap - 2010 | Leap: Rise of the Beast - 2011 | Surviving The Wild - 2020

6. Collapse Details
    I hope you start to feel better Barry.

7. Collapse Details
    I hope the pain drops, the cheerfulness returns and the chilled out attitude comes back - I feel for you! Good wishes from the UK

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    +1

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    hit a tree, shattered one vertebrae and broke two others and a rib, collapsed both lungs.
    So sorry Barry, can't even imagine how painful and scary that must have been out there. Glad you are alive and thankful for the amazing people who work these rescue units. Hoping for a full recovery and resolve of the chronic pain.

10. Collapse Details
    Sorry to hear about your troubles Barry. Spent a lot of time in New Mexico and Bozeman in the 90s, absolutely magical. If your misadventures usually occurs that the start and end of trips, maybe start a few days later and end a few days early. Same logic I apply to dating, bowling and fisticuffs. Also I’ve always enjoyed the vibe on dvxuser, it’s been a nice respite from craziness online.
    Last edited by lambert; 02-19-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast