Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Who Wants To Be A Moderator? (apologies to Regis Philbin)
    I've been notified that things are running off the rails recently. Here's the deal: I broke my back, I'm in chronic pain, lots of other 2020 stuff to deal with, and frankly I just can't be bothered right now to go chasing down every moronic post by every self-righteous douchebag who thinks that their individual moral or political imperative is more important than our nearly-two-decade established rules. (sorry, did I mention chronic pain and being overloaded?)

I nuked the two problematic threads I saw, but I imagine there's more out there.

Very few of the original moderator squad are still here or assisting.

So if you report a post, I'll nuke it, but if you don't report it, I probably won't see it.

In the meantime, is there anyone out there who wants to volunteer to be a moderator? Or, is there a member that you'd really want to vote for to be a mod? Send your request and your nominations in a PM and I'll pass them along to the admin staff, who makes the final decisions.
    Last edited by Barry_Green; 02-18-2021 at 12:38 PM.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    “ is there anyone out there who wants to volunteer to be a moderator?”

I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy. Hail, it gave the last Mod a broken back.
    Big sources matter.

3. Collapse Details
    Naw, the back was my fault, a motorcycle accident up in the mountains of Montana.

Prospective mods need not fear, back-breaking mountainous motorcycle accidents are not a requirement for the job.

4. Collapse Details
    Get well soon.

For me in 2020 it was getting run over by a truck. Then 3 months of recovery only for COVID to hit and shut everything down just as I was able to work again. Doh!!
    Big sources matter.

5. Collapse Details
    Holy cow! That's awful! Well, I hope your 2021 goes much better and that you make a full recovery.

6. Collapse Details
    This thread will derail into the dangers of riding a motorcycle. Mark my words.
    Or the superior Harley, BMW or Japanese bikes vs Harley, BMW or Japanese bikes.

(former BMW 90s rider who broke bones too)

7. Collapse Details
    Or British bikes. Triumph Street Triple is clearly the most superior motorcycle produced. It is the yin of 4 cylinder and the yang of 2 cylinder rolled into one sleek, balanced, morally bullet gray package.

Sorry to hear about your accident, Barry, and glad to hear you made it out to tell the tale. Heal up. And don't ride motorcycles, they are dangerous.

(current Triumph rider who's also been down at speed, luckily with no broken bones, and who in actuality does not find any brand superior and celebrates diversity)

8. Collapse Details
    PS what happen, how did you go down?

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry_Green View Post
    I've been notified that things are running off the rails recently. Here's the deal: I broke my back, I'm in chronic pain, lots of other 2020 stuff to deal with, and frankly I just can't be bothered right now to go chasing down every moronic post by every self-righteous douchebag who thinks that their individual moral or political imperative is more important than our nearly-two-decade established rules. (sorry, did I mention chronic pain and being overloaded?)

I nuked the two problematic threads I saw, but I imagine there's more out there.

Very few of the original moderator squad are still here or assisting.

So if you report a post, I'll nuke it, but if you don't report it, I probably won't see it.
    I'm genuinely sorry to make your life harder when you're already dealing with back pain.

The thing is - both sides of a political debate are equally political: the pro-status quo side and the anti-status quo side.

If you want to police all political speech, including that which you find innocuous and agreeable, then fine. But if you let a statement stand that I find offensive, I feel compelled to respond lest it go unanswered, implying consensus.

Maybe you're suggesting I should report instead of responding? I flagged a post once that called a major american political party communists but nothing happened to the post.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

10. Collapse Details
    Bronze Member
    Half of Montana roads ... those in the mountains ... in the shade are ice traps ... not good for 4WD vehicles ...

Glad you are recovering ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast