Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    S-Cinetone Update for a7s III

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    In the comments someone complains about lack of 60p.

Why do folks want 60p?

Of all my clients the only ones wanting 60p are News. Virtually everyone else is 24p.
    Big sources matter.

3. Collapse Details
    My A7sIII can already do 60p in XAVC S I 4K... so not sure what that's about.
    I also don't get many requests for 60p... but believe this what all the young folks use to shoot those gimbal "slo-mo" shots - which you can find all over YT.

As for S-Cinetone on the A7sIII.... as I posted in another thread, Paul Ream figured this out about two months ago... perhaps just a coincidence that Sony may now be updating via FW ... and Chris Young - who posts here - also may have improved upon a few of Paul's settings...
    https://youtu.be/H5Rat4xxkUg

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JPNola View Post

Why do folks want 60p?

Of all my clients the only ones wanting 60p are News. Virtually everyone else is 24p.
    wait where is the problem with 60p? I'm confused

5. Collapse Details
    I think this S-Cinetone update is very positive in terms of matching a7siii with an FX camera on non-graded output. the picture profiles of the a7 series otherwise don't line up with the cinema cameras besides s-log, right?

And the Paul Ream s-cinetone settings went awry with exposure errors, didn't he say?

I'm happy with the color settings I'm using now, but I'm excited to see how this turns out. I mean, more capabilities is always a good thing, right?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    I think this S-Cinetone update is very positive in terms of matching a7siii with an FX camera on non-graded output. the picture profiles of the a7 series otherwise don't line up with the cinema cameras besides s-log, right?

Correct

And the Paul Ream s-cinetone settings went awry with exposure errors, didn't he say?

I think he overexposed a few of his scenes in the video - but I think you'll find he nailed the color.

I'm happy with the color settings I'm using now, but I'm excited to see how this turns out. I mean, more capabilities is always a good thing, right?

Absolutely. Just rather ironic - since Paul was the person who "hacked" the F5 to shoot 4k - when Sony initially said it couldn't do it. Now he makes a pretty darn good profile for S-Cinetone... and 2 months later there's a rumor Sony is updating FW to add it.

7. Collapse Details

Why do folks want 60p?

60p is perfect for slowing down in a 24 or 30p timeline. And with something like Resolve's Speed Warp it can give you super slow motion that's pretty convincing, provided you shoot at a fast enough shutter speed. I rarely (if ever) edit or deliver in 60p, but I'm shooting in it more often.

8. Collapse Details

Why do folks want 60p?

The message at the top of the comments is about 4k60p on the A7RIV. So different camera they were wishcomplaining about.

9. Collapse Details
    Not certain of this, but it appears that the firmware update won't drop to February 23rd when the other Sony announcements are scheduled.
    David S.

Accept No Imitations.
    www.dvxuser.com | www.reduser.net | www.scarletuser.com
    and...
    www.BMCuser.com - The Online Community for Blackmagic Camera users.
    Filmmaking Communities powered by Landmine Media, Inc.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by David Saraceno View Post
    Not certain of this, but it appears that the firmware update won't drop to February 23rd when the other Sony announcements are scheduled.
    Do you mean to say the FW update won’t be available until after the Feb. 23rd announcement?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast