Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Blackmagic Pocket 6K Pro with Internal ND Filters and EVF
    A Pocket 6K Pro with internal ND filters (2, 4 & 6 stops) and attachable EVF has been announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roAv...ture=emb_title

- Price of $2495, available now
    - Has a tilting screen
    - Uses Sony NPF batteries
    - Includes Gen 5 color science

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...etcinemacamera
    Last edited by Teddy_Dem; 02-17-2021 at 11:17 AM. Reason: price update

2. Collapse Details
    Tilting screen.

3. Collapse Details
    Wish it had better then 1080p60 HDMI out. Also, just one output - needs two to be pro

4. Collapse Details
    It's a good day to be a black magic stan. If it had sony autofocus, I'd be there. But I guess that was true for me of the last one too

5. Collapse Details
    Well... they are getting closer to getting my $...
    ND's ... check
    tilting screen & easy add on VF... check...
    newer, better CS...check
    better battery.... ch...er, NP-F570...??? Does anyone else find this odd? I have lots of Sony NP-F970 batts, and now the NP-FZ100 batts for a7sIII and even the smaller NP-FW50's for other, older mirrorless... but I have none of these sitting around. I know, it's a small thing... but irritating none-the-less.

6. Collapse Details
    The 1500 nit tilting screen is really quite a big deal. With the NDs and the new evf, this looks like a big step-up (operationally) for this kind of DSLR-like form factor.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Grug View Post
    The 1500 nit tilting screen is really quite a big deal. With the NDs and the new evf, this looks like a big step-up (operationally) for this kind of DSLR-like form factor.
    Yup, ordered immediately.

I have a C70 and canceled my FX6 order.

Everyone's needs are different, but I often do multi-cam music shoots that require upwards of 4+. The bm cams scale up amazingly well for these types of gigs with such low rental costs and the image is still much nicer (more interesting) to my eye than both the Canon and the Sony. The annoying thing has always been the amount of workarounds and rigging when I need a proper A cam for my doc style work. Thus the C70 (or previously pre-ordered FX6). The new BM camera is looking good because it takes care of all of those doc shoot needs (perhaps minus AF), AND becomes one more camera in my current multi-cam stable, all at an absurdly low price.

The only bummer, and I know how strongly you feel about this Mark, is that I wish it had a locking mount. With the P4k, you can use the metabones EF cine adaptor combined with a cage that has the metabones support. You get locked both at the camera and at the lens. Not perfect, but pretty damn secure. A still lens bayonet EF mount is still a bit of a bummer, especially with follow focus and/or just heavier lenses. It's nice to achieve rock solid connection even without rails.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by markfpv View Post
    better battery.... ch...er, NP-F570...??? Does anyone else find this odd? I have lots of Sony NP-F970 batts, and now the NP-FZ100 batts for a7sIII and even the smaller NP-FW50's for other, older mirrorless... but I have none of these sitting around. I know, it's a small thing... but irritating none-the-less.
    It seems that the BM 570's are 50% more capacity than the fz100's while being 2/3 the price. Perhaps the tall and shallow form factor is ideal for maximizing capacity in this camera shape

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bhp...ttery.html/amp

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tml?ap=y&smp=y

9. Collapse Details
    Not just a tilt screen but 1500 knits. This negates a need for a monitor for most things and will be perfectly visible in bright sun. Internal ND's is awesome. For $2500 there is nothing like it on the market. Well done Blackmagic.

Would still prefer an FX6 for the E-ND, rolling shutter, full frame, high speeds, and more flexible mount. But this camera is only $2500 and the BRAW plus S35 sensor can really hold its own against anything on the market IMO.

10. Collapse Details
    Any word on what the battery run times will be now?

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast