1. Collapse Details
    Replacement BP-A30 battery caps?
    Question
    Does anyone sell the little plastic caps that cover the metal contacts for Canon BP-A30 & BP-A60 batteries? I would pay for some...
    Jaime Vallés
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

2. Collapse Details
    What do the battery caps do? I’ve never used them and have never had an issue with batteries related to the area the battery caps cover. I suppose caps can be a fashion statement.

https://youtu.be/5pKt4gaErvU

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Coughlin View Post
    What do the battery caps do? I’ve never used them and have never had an issue with batteries related to the area the battery caps cover. I suppose caps can be a fashion statement.

https://youtu.be/5pKt4gaErvU
    My only guess is they reduce the risk of fire in the event two batteries touch while in storage?

4. Collapse Details
    That's what gaffers tape was invented for! Those covers often break or are lost.
    If you can find them, Canon will gaff you big time on price with a ridiculous price for a .25 piece of plastic.
    It's a business first and a creative outlet second.
    G.A.S. destroys lives. Stop buying gear that doesn't make you money.

5. Collapse Details
    I have a spot in my bag that holds the batteries tightly enough that I don't worry about it. If I'm flying, they get a strip of gaff tape over the contacts. More recently, I'm in the process of building a rolling case that holds all of my chargers and batteries together... so when I'm headed into a hotel for the night after a day of shooting, I just roll that case into the hotel, plug it in, and all the batts and chargers are there ready for use. When I leave, I put everything in the case and roll it out to the car. I'm kind of over having to pack up chargers and cables in the morning. That'll have form-fit compartments for each type of battery so they're not flopping around too.

I think my battery covers are in the camera box, but they could also be lost. They fall off if you breathe on them, so not sure how effective they are.

I've been meaning to design a 3D printed one that uses the actual mounting slots and might stay on better... but it's obviously not a priority.
    JERBCO, Ltd.
    jerbco.com

Web | Video | Aerial

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Valles View Post
    Does anyone sell the little plastic caps that cover the metal contacts for Canon BP-A30 & BP-A60 batteries? I would pay for some...
    Are you using them for something else that hasn't been mentioned yet Jaime? You can have mine if I can find them..!

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rob norton View Post
    Are you using them for something else that hasn't been mentioned yet Jaime? You can have mine if I can find them..!
    I'm just overly cautious with my gear. I had 4 old Canon batteries for my C100 and they always had their caps on. Never lost them in 4 years of lots of shooting. Now that I've upgraded to a C70, I bought generic BP-A60 batteries that don't come with caps... and I feel like it's incomplete and unprotected.

So, if you're happy to sell me yours, name your price and I'll see if I buy 3 of them.
    Jaime Vallés
    AJV Media
    Video, Photography & Graphic Design: www.ajvmedia.com

8. Collapse Details
    Jaimie,
    Recovering New Yorker, now living in Vancouver. Have a bunch of them. PM me if you can't source them locally...

Bruce