Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I want to be clear about this Sony, please hurry before I face undoing a pre-purchase un-cancellation that ships before the model I really want gets rumored.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingo View Post
    It looks good, but I know it's going to be crippled in some way to ensure that it won't compete with Sony's higher end models. My guess is no IBIS and overheating when shooting longer videos. Still, I'm curious to see what the actual specs are.
    I doubt it will overheat if it's a "cinema" camera. Certainly, compared to the A7SIII, if it doesn't have IBIS then it should be even easier for them to dissipate heat. And the a7siii has only minor overheating issues

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

3. Collapse Details
    Well it looks less stupid than the C70 but Im not sure where the I/O ports are!

4. Collapse Details
    Looks like it could be an A7SIII without a viewfinder but metal body with attachment points so no need for a cage etc. So without viewfinder, maybe IBIS etc it could be cheaper than the A7SIII and compete with the box cameras that are out there .

5. Collapse Details
    It will certainly need a cage. Also note that the hotshoe is a bit higher than the 1/4 females which will mean a bit of design in the cage

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_moore View Post
    It will certainly need a cage. Also note that the hotshoe is a bit higher than the 1/4 females which will mean a bit of design in the cage
    That depends on projected use I think. On a drone or gimbals maybe not. The Mi shoe for Sony XLR unit and plenty of mounting for monitor too not sure needed for tripod either. Do you have a use case for cage?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
    That depends on projected use I think. On a drone or gimbals maybe not. The Mi shoe for Sony XLR unit and plenty of mounting for monitor too not sure needed for tripod either. Do you have a use case for cage?
    I'm with you. I've been cage-free all my life, although I generally rig less on than some of these blokes

8. Collapse Details
    Do you have a use case for cage?
    Firstly any single hole camera at the bottom needs sorting if you want it not to twist under forces of zoom or focus motor. This usually drives on cagewards.

Most hard rigging needs clamping top and bottom, my own uses mean changing configuration quickly, especially Movi needs a clean top.

My personal 'standard' is to have an 'arca' on the top and the bottom of my cameras.

This enables me to clamp it top/bottom when on my Movi and when off the movi I add a handle or transmitter or monitor or whatever up top.

If I hang the camera from a jib not flipping it does help.

Arca top and bottom usually needs a cage

My z6 now has a homebuild flat plate with 2 3/8 holes ready for an arca to be mounted solid https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhCI-lB..._web_copy_link

Here is a z6 before I built that with no top attachment. It will vib and probably spin with motor torqe.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BuO07wzA..._web_copy_link
    Last edited by morgan_moore; 02-11-2021 at 10:35 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

9. Collapse Details
    We have no idea what the bottom is like as I have only seen two photos. There look to be mounting on top and side of those photos so I assume there may be on the other side too as well as the bottom. Smallrig make lots of fittings that I have put on my Ninja V rather than a full cage and may well do the same for these camera. We will have to wait and see what it is actually like. I started with a Smallrig cage for my GH5 but in the end since all of my projects are on tripod have just mounted the Ninja V and magicarm to the tripod and do not use a cage on any of my camera now finding the tripod a better mounting point.

10. Collapse Details
    Looks like it could be an A7SIII without a viewfinder but metal body with attachment points so no need for a cage etc. So without viewfinder, maybe IBIS etc it could be cheaper than the A7SIII and compete with the box cameras that are out there .
    +1. Looks like a re-housed a7siii...

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast