Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy_Dem View Post
    Hopefully this is the Sony Alpha 1 sensor in a FX6/FX9 body with the e-ND.
    Actually it's not:

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/leak...#disqus_thread

Sony-FX3-700x576.jpg

Still hopeful for e-ND though.

2. Collapse Details
    There's a pattern here...

C500 Mark II --> C300 Mark III --> C70

FX9 --> FX6 --> FX3

--> $$$$$$$$$$

3. Collapse Details
    Except C70 doesn't blow away the 300MKIII specs.

Off the published photo, it could be an "amateur" 8K camera - similar to what Sharp presented at the 2019 NAB, and been working on ever since - and something in the $4,000 range to compete with R5 on video but without the sports/action capabilities of the A1.

What this will do to the FX-6 and FX-9 values is murky. Hypothetically, FX-9 could be updated into FX-9II but FX-6 has just come out. So, expect some feature crippling here. Or something.

4. Collapse Details
    Per usual the FX3 will have random meticulous limiting here and there as the C70 does...they sprinkle features across their models and the consumers pick their poison.

Sometimes once in a blue moon an individual comes along who isn't too greedy like the rest of us and may not care about something like AF and prefers a stills camera that can shoot video and receives something magical like a S5.

Speaking of...Panasonic has released 2 cinema camera bodies in the last 9 years under $10,000.

5. Collapse Details
    SAR is now writing that full specs are unknown. Without technically admitting he was wrong on 8K. Which he may or may not have been. It'd certainly make more sense for FX-3 to be 4K only, if it's priced below FX-6.

Anyhow, the camera is being tested already, its photos are being leaked, so the official announcement can't be too far in the distance.

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details
    If it's real and if it does have Sony's electronic ND (which is the single most impressive feature on my FS5) and if it shoots in at least 4K (after all, no one is releasing HD only cams in 2021...), ideally with same sensor as FX6/A7SIII this could be really interesting to me. I don't care about 8K/doubt they would cross that bridge with something like this just yet. Could be a great gimbal cam, at the very least. Oh, and can we have decent menus please...

That's as long as it has (at least) a 3.5mm audio input jack on the body (here's looking at you, in disgust, FX6). Of course, I'd prefer mini XLRs (like Canon opted for on the C70), as clearly there is no space for full sized XLRs on this FX3.

Really interesting! Bring it on!

8. Collapse Details
    Cool
    It looks good, but I know it's going to be crippled in some way to ensure that it won't compete with Sony's higher end models. My guess is no IBIS and overheating when shooting longer videos. Still, I'm curious to see what the actual specs are.

9. Collapse Details
    I can't find any label for SteadyShot or IBIS on the 2 photos. Really hope this means they have now, finally, found room for the electronic ND in a camera of this small form factor. I'd MUCH rather have eND than IBIS!

Glad I didn't buy a A7SIII...was thinking about it while I wait for the FX6 (that I'm planning to buy now work is picking up again...finally!)

Wonder if this cam's launch is related to the Sony Drone thing I've read about?

EDIT to add a comment from another forum - take all this with a pinch of salt:

"SAR said just now that the price will be 3795 Euro (from a purported ad in a kit with a 80Gb CFExpress A or a 128gb Tough SDXC card - which could mean a double format type slots). And said that it records 4k120p and NOT 8k - which could means A7SIII sensor."
    Last edited by andykwilkinson; 02-11-2021 at 08:28 AM.

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by andykwilkinson View Post
    I can't find any label for SteadyShot or IBIS on the 2 photos. Really hope this means they have now, finally, found room for the electronic ND in a camera of this small form factor. I'd MUCH rather have eND than IBIS!

Glad I didn't buy a A7SIII...was thinking about it while I wait for the FX6 (that I'm planning to buy now work is picking up again...finally!)

Wonder if this cam's launch is related to the Sony Drone thing I've read about?

EDIT to add a comment from another forum - take all this with a pinch of salt:

"SAR said just now that the price will be 3795 Euro (from a purported ad in a kit with a 80Gb CFExpress A or a 128gb Tough SDXC card - which could mean a double format type slots). And said that it records 4k120p and NOT 8k - which could means A7SIII sensor."
    Agreed. PLEASE e-ND!!

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast