Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Run&Gun View Post
    One of my tripods is a Sachtler ‘Speed lock CF HD’. HD is short for ‘Heavy Duty’(they are much larger, more robust and have a much higher payload[200+lbs] than my regular non-HD versions), not an implication that they are somehow ‘High-Def’.

Second line in Sachtlers description material:
    I'm waiting on 8k tripod.

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ahalpert View Post
    Don't you still run the risk of the a7s spinning inside the cage itself since it's only mounted to the cage at one point? Unless there's a cage that also clamps onto hot shoe?

some after-market mounts have a lip that sits against the body and prevents any body-rotation.

( I’d upload a photo, but every time I try it tells me “invalid file”. Because, this website. )

But Morgan’s point stands- Sony should have made it 2-hole. Especially for a camera this price.
    Big sources matter.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by NorBro View Post
    newer cameras being sharper or having better colors than their predecessors (no matter the family model or price) is becoming more and more common.
    But the FX3 is only 3 months newer than the FX6. Might it not be some processing difference with the intent of youtubers thinking it produces "better" footage? (Ie sharper and more saturated)

4. Collapse Details
    If it's a processing difference that results in a better looking image then it supports the notion of newer cameras producing favorable results.

But that's just one person's opinion on the last page. If we see similar thoughts in the next few months from more people about this new camera then there will be more to think about.

5. Collapse Details
    "Sharper" is not necessarily "better." And it might imply MORE processing instead of BETTER processing.

As with the A7SIII where the Noise Reduction can't be turned off, probably both because they don't trust their users to use independent noise reduction and don't want them to see the horrors of the untreated footage, and also because that crippled functionality will push more serious users to more expensive cameras.

But it would be surprising to see that same thinking play out on the FX3 since it seems to be positioned as an additional camera for more serious users.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

6. Collapse Details
    I thought the same thing they added more saturation and sharpening to the FX3 which tends to attract consumers but it’s odd because the pro level buyer doesn’t want that look. To me the intention of this camera is a mostly a cosmetic make over for FX6 users who need a B camera or a gimbal that looks more professional than a hybrid stills/video like A7 series. I think a client might frown on using a consumer looking photo camera.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

7. Collapse Details
    serious users.
    At this level Sony are not serious. Doesnt meant they wont fluke some amazing things.. but they are not serious.

8. Collapse Details
    "Sharper" is not necessarily "better." And it might imply MORE processing instead of BETTER processing.

As with the A7SIII where the Noise Reduction can't be turned off, probably both because they don't trust their users to use independent noise reduction and don't want them to see the horrors of the untreated footage, and also because that crippled functionality will push more serious users to more expensive cameras.

But it would be surprising to see that same thinking play out on the FX3 since it seems to be positioned as an additional camera for more serious users.
    Not everything needs to be a discussion, lol.

They are all subjective findings. This was one.

Camera isn't even shipping yet. Wait and see how it plays out and maybe in a month or two you can come back and write a lot about it.

9. Collapse Details
    Not everything needs to be a discussion, lol.

They are all subjective findings. This was one.

Camera isn't even shipping yet. Wait and see how it plays out and maybe in a month or two you can come back and write a lot about it.
    Am I really speculating more than you did about Superior processing?
    www.VideoAbe.com

"Captain, the most elementary and valuable statement in science, the beginning of wisdom, is 'I do not know.'" - Lt. Cmdr. Data

10. Collapse Details
    Mixing up people again? haha

(You replied to me the other week in a thread that I didn't even post in, lol.)

Cutting back on the coffee is not helping, bro...you're tired.

___

I didn't even mention processing, you did.

No speculation, just one observation in the wind (and the below was referring to people thinking that on YouTube if it's not clear...but should be).

I didn't watch the video, but these kind of comparisons always appear.

Whether they are true or business as usual for subs I do not know, but newer cameras being sharper or having better colors than their predecessors (no matter the family model or price) is becoming more and more common.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast